What's new

Parker 26C

I still enjoy my Parkker O.C. very much. When I came back to DE shaving about 2 1/2 years ago, I seem to prefer the more aggressive razors. Lately I seem to be drifting more toward milder razors. The Parker gives a very smooth and close shave. I believe you can get just as close a shave from a mild razor as an aggressive one. If the blade is touching the skin then it is cutting. You can only go so far down before you remove skin.
A milder razor may require an extra pass but it can shave just as close as any aggressive razor. It all depends or what you prefer. I had a Cadet O.C. razor and I would take the Parker O.C. any day over it. It is much smoother.

I still enjoy my Parkker O.C. very much. When I came back to DE shaving about 2 1/2 years ago, I seem to prefer the more aggressive razors. Lately I seem to be drifting more toward milder razors. The Parker gives a very smooth and close shave. I believe you can get just as close a shave from a mild razor as an aggressive one. If the blade is touching the skin then it is cutting. You can only go so far down before you remove skin.
A milder razor may require an extra pass but it can shave just as close as any aggressive razor. It all depends or what you prefer. I had a Cadet O.C. razor and I would take the Parker O.C. any day over it. It is much smoother.
I agree on both counts. Despite it being just a bit milder than my ideal, I much prefer the Parker over the Cadet OC. I tend to prefer "medium" aggressive razors, and the Cadet is a bit overly aggressive for my tastes and also, as you note not as smooth as the 26C. And I also concur that one can certainly get a plenty close shave with a mild razor, it's just that I tend to prefer getting there with a bit less effort. My review wasn't intended to dis the 26C at all; I think it's a fine razor and I'm definitely keeping mine. I was just trying to convey the fact that it is, to my face anyway, a pretty mild razor, so prospective buyers should know that going in.

Have fun.

Tough to beat the 26c....though my new New just might do it.

I myself can't decide which one I like best, my Parker 24c or my Gillette NEW. They give different shaves but both are great shaves. If I had to choose just one it would be really hard to decide.

I myself can't decide which one I like best, my Parker 24c or my Gillette NEW. They give different shaves but both are great shaves. If I had to choose just one it would be really hard to decide.
Thanks for your earlier post about milder razors too. So, you can't choose between the New and 24c, but do they provide similarly SMOOTH shaves, or is the Parker smoother?
Thanks!

Thanks for your earlier post about milder razors too. So, you can't choose between the New and 24c, but do they provide similarly SMOOTH shaves, or is the Parker smoother?
Thanks!

I feel the Parker 24c/26c is a little smoother but I do like the feel of the NEW. I guess I'll just keep alternating.

Thanks for the review. Never tried an open comb but have been curious and this put me over the top. Placed an order for one of these today and can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for the review. Never tried an open comb but have been curious and this put me over the top. Placed an order for one of these today and can't wait to try it out.

You will like it. It is a very smooth razor. Which Parker O.C. did you buy, the 26c or 24c?

it's been awhile so I went back to the 26C for today's shave....as always I was not disappointed at all...with a fresh Feather and 4 passes my shave was awesome and I couldn't keep my hands off my face!....such a smooth razor

I just received a Parker 26c today from an online vendor. (Think of a large South American river) However the finish on this one is not good at all. Lots of pits and dimples in the chrome and one edge of the top cap that looks like it isn't covered or very lightly covered but no shine on that section. I'd read a lot of reviews and everyone said the razor looks and works great. I just got a bad one maybe. I'll have to call and get it exchanged.

I've had this razor for 6 months and have enjoyed every shave. The open comb was especially helpful when I had skipped a few days and had a longer growth of beard to cut. But after the last cleaning with warm water mixed with vinegar, the black finish began to flake off at an alarming rate. The bare metal shows through now. I don't use it anymore, and wish I had stuck with my original choice of the all-chrome 24C.

Nov 3 update: Wow! I sent a note to Amazon vendor Super Safety Razors this morning, asking if this is a common problem. He quickly and generously promised a replacement! That is top-notch customer service; it essentially takes the risk out of a new product purchase.

Last edited:
Sorry for reviving this old thread.

I am currently considering buying a Parker 24c, mostly because of the discussion here. I had a few questions for you folks.

• After having used this razor for a while, has your opinion changed about it?
  • Any experiences using this razor against a 5-7 day stubble? How does it perform?

Thanks!

I am currently considering buying a Parker 24c, mostly because of the discussion here. I had a few questions for you folks.

• Any experiences using this razor against a 5-7 day stubble? How does it perform?

Thanks!

If you like a mild, very smooth razor, the 24C is a great shaver for the price. I shave daily, so I can't comment on how it mows multiple days of growth. For me personally, I prefer the 99R as I find it more efficient but at the sacrifice of the 24/26C's smoothness.

Thanks!

I've owned one for 6 months. It has a great handle. It has the weird combo of being mild but still efficient. It likes a more shallow shaving angle than many razors; meaning the handle is further away from your face/ you are riding the cap. I have never taken off 7 days worth of stubble. I have done 4 days worth with no issue. I think it is a good introduction to OCs and at the price point it is a good razor. Lately, I have not been using it much as I was lucky enough to start exploring slants with an RR Kiyara and now an ATT S1.

Started off with a Parker 26C from Amazon due to the great reviews I read online. Only my first shave with it last night, but it went very well. Not as close as I would have liked (that will get better with practice) but I experienced no nicks or weepers.

Parker 26C is a great razor. Very mild but still efficient to give a BBS in 3 passes. It's so mild that I used to get irritation after shaving with it because I was using too much pressure without realizing it. When I reduced pressure like all my all other aggressive razors, the results were fantastic and no irritation and redness whatsoever !

Parker 26C is a great razor. Very mild but still efficient to give a BBS in 3 passes. It's so mild that I used to get irritation after shaving with it because I was using too much pressure without realizing it. When I reduced pressure like all my all other aggressive razors, the results were fantastic and no irritation and redness whatsoever !

This is definitely a risk with mild razors. Merkur 15C is having the same problem. It is so mild that you easily gradually begin to add pressure.

I got my 26C Friday and had my first shave yesterday, I must say I'm impressed. I used a Personna Lab Blue blade and some TOBS Sandalwood. Fit and finish seem very good and I have not noticed any imperfections in the razor. The weight is good and I actually like the long handle; typically I prefer a short handle. I did get a few weepers and and not such a great shave on my neck but I was in a rush and this was completely on me. The results on my face were BBS with three passes.

After one shave I really like this razor and would recommend it. If my thoughts change I will update but I plan on keeping this in my rotation and trying a few different blades.

Top Bottom