What's new

Parker 24C

I will soon be the proud owner of a Parker 24C. This will be my first use of an open comb razor. What type of learning curve should I expect going from a closed comb to an open comb? Thanks guys.

Not much, this is one of the milder OC razors on the market. Just be mindful of the angle and pressure and you should be fine.

When I went from my EJ DE89 to my Parker 26C I didn't notice much difference. I did like how the open comb gave me feedback on my angle of attack. I found the 26C to be about as aggressive as the DE89. Good shaves from both....they do like different blades though.

I bought a Parker 24C a couple of months ago and I love it. I like the open comb to hack through a weekends worth of growth. I do find it a little more aggressive than my closed combs but not to an uncomfortable degree. Enjoy it!

I bought a 24C a few months ago and I love it. It is one of the smoothest razors you will ever find. I usually like a more aggressive razor but this one is so efficient and yet smooth you can't help but love it. I put a short handle on mine from a Parker 94R. Really nice.

$Parker_OC.jpg

I just received my Parker 24C a few days and have not had a chance to use it. It's built like a tank and weighs 93 grams. It's good to read positive reviews for this razor. With a thick base plate and the blade tight on the base plate I can see how it is mild. A beautiful razor you won't be disappointed.

Here is a picture of my brand new Parker 24C.

$50llz.jpg

Last edited:
The 24c arrived late this afternoon. It has definite heft, and the handle almost feels like the knurling on a barbell, which will help with grip. I will post updates once I shave with it.

Top Bottom