What's new

Panasonic arc 6...wow

Gotta say, I've been shaving with a de for the last 7 years. Before that I had a beard. But in between the beard and the de, I was attempting to use a braun series 7. I found it often would tug at my stubble and just didn't offer the shave I enjoyed. Recently I've been having alot of trouble with some areas on my besrd with the old de and decided to splurge on a new electric. The panasonic arc 6 seemed to be the tippity top. Well I must say, maybe my wetshaving experience has taught me how to shave better ans this has translated to electric but dang! This thing, so long as its used right, cuts effortlessly! Gonna be very hard to go back to my de. I do miss the exfoliative nature of the de though. Either way, I think technology has really improved enough for electrics to be truly viable.

Keep me updated on this if you will. My son likes an electric shave, and he's hard to buy for.
Will do! Gonna shave with it for the next week. But I will say this is the most irritation free shave, electric or de, I've had in a long long time. I may try to do my usual prep tomorrow and see if it's even better

Before I came here I used a mix of braun and the mega blade cart systems but found them all not comfy but the best I knew about and so would only shave once a week or so but I do prefer shaving daily but the others irritated my skin so much

something I am loving about the DE ritual though and the nostalgia
why I also want to try a Kai Kasho AC straight or the Feather types ?

But always curious about new tech and things so will be curious how it works out for ya looking forward to hearing more

one quick add/edit I still use my braun for my back neckline after I cut my hair which is just with a cutter and the 1/8th“ blade thing so super short as its just easy to use and no worry of cutting myself with a DE doing my neck and ears etc..

Last edited:
When I was messing with electrics I Had a braun something or other and a Panasonic ARC 5 (?) And it won hands down on cutting and comfort. Wet or dry it gave a decent shave after work.
Yeah brauns always randomly tug a single hair in my shave. Drives me nuts.

Recall in 1960’s Electric were in Vogue, Victor Kian bought this company. Was touting his Super Razor on TV if you do not like he would buy it back.

In my case it did like other electrics, was good at creating ingrown hairs.

But they did refund price like they said they would.

Recall in 1960’s Electric were in Vogue, Victor Kian bought this company. Was touting his Super Razor on TV if you do not like he would buy it back.

In my case it did like other electrics, was good at creating ingrown hairs.

But they did refund price like they said they would.
I wanna believe it's advanced since then. Personally this is the first electric razor I've gotten along with. So I have to believe one from the 1960s would be pure epillatory hell

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I got the Arc 5 a few months ago, and was similarly impressed. Through experimentation and shavercheck.com, I am nearly always getting shaves closer than I ever could with DE. I figure I might as well share the routine that works best for me as it is counterintuitive.

I started off with Lectric Shave, pre shower. This was easy and intuitive, but there were areas where I persistently couldn't get BBS.

I switched to wetshaving in the shower. Closer shave, but same result. The water was so loud that I couldn't tell that the razor was still doing work. There were still missed areas, though fewer than before. I also felt guilty about the wasted water.

I tried combining them a few days ago. The shower shave gets what the Lectric shave misses. Takes less time, and wastes much less water. Very, very close. I encourage you all to try it.

I got the Arc 5 a few months ago, and was similarly impressed. Through experimentation and shavercheck.com, I am nearly always getting shaves closer than I ever could with DE. I figure I might as well share the routine that works best for me as it is counterintuitive.

I started off with Lectric Shave, pre shower. This was easy and intuitive, but there were areas where I persistently couldn't get BBS.

I switched to wetshaving in the shower. Closer shave, but same result. The water was so loud that I couldn't tell that the razor was still doing work. There were still missed areas, though fewer than before. I also felt guilty about the wasted water.

I tried combining them a few days ago. The shower shave gets what the Lectric shave misses. Takes less time, and wastes much less water. Very, very close. I encourage you all to try it.
I'm gonna try the lectric shave. Was just a little leery since it's kinda drying I hear

It works pretty great for me. I would use it before a shower, with balm afterwards. You'll be set.
I shower in the morning, I've never really paired showering with shaving. Quite wasteful imo. If i had ro shower every shave I'd just grow a beard lol

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I shave with Lectric Shave immediately before I take a shower.
Only thing this shaver is worse at is the neck. I seem to have to trim my neck hair with the trimmer everh time or it won't get the flat hairs/will catch on them

Top Bottom