What's new

Panasonic arc 6...wow

It seems sticking with my electric (Braun series 9) has really improved my technique and I can even go against the grain now. My face didn't take as long to adjust this time, and it feels like a breeze.

I can't put into words how electric shaving has changed my life, as my face is free from irritation and I can shave everyday if I want.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
It seems sticking with my electric (Braun series 9) has really improved my technique and I can even go against the grain now. My face didn't take as long to adjust this time, and it feels like a breeze.

I can't put into words how electric shaving has changed my life, as my face is free from irritation and I can shave everyday if I want.
agreed 100%.

I have now got the electric razor BBS lasting longer than a safety razor BBS, which is quite an achievement. No irritation or redness, and it's faster too.

After a few days use I can definitively say this. It is excellent on my head and face. But the whole pulling the hell out of one hair on my neck or under my jaw thing is very annoying. Makes me too tentative there as I'm sort of waiting for it. Would electric shave lotion help this?

And this, IMO, is the key to the kingdom. Just like wet shaving, the results with an electric are hugely dependent on prep and technique. It's not difficult, just different.

Scrubbing one's face as though the shaver was a pencil eraser and then ditching it "because it is too irritating" is an unfortunate outcome.

I'm gonna try the lectric shave. Was just a little leery since it's kinda drying I hear
That's the point. Apply it and leave it to dry. It will help the bristles stand out and slightly improve the dry electric shave. I use Speik pre shave, which is supposedly very similar. It certainly helps, but it doesn't exactly transform the shave. I am using it with the fabulous Panasonic Arc 5.

Wash your face or shower after shaving and apply moisturiser later if your skin dries out too much. Even with the Arc 5 it's never quite as close as a good DE wet shave, but good enough if you're in a hurry or someone is hogging the bathroom.

I like Lectric Shave but get slightly better results with the Remington powder shave stick. However, I don't like breathing the powder.

After a few days use I can definitively say this. It is excellent on my head and face. But the whole pulling the hell out of one hair on my neck or under my jaw thing is very annoying. Makes me too tentative there as I'm sort of waiting for it. Would electric shave lotion help this?

Likely yes. However, tugging is usually indicative of moving the shaver too quickly across the area. Slowing down the movement in those areas will likely reduce the tendency to pull hairs. Shaving every day is also important.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Hello @Sethology

Thank you for your review and experience of the Panasonic Arc6.

For me, I never had any luck with rotary based electric shavers. They were always missing whiskers, and tugging whiskers. I ended up hating Norelco's because of it infact.

Then I got into foil shavers with the Panasonic Arc4. And while it was technically able to shave my whiskers, it was very slow going to do it, and left my skin very irritated afterwords.

I considered getting the Panasonic Arc6, but the price was just too much for me to justify. I am glad that you are having fun with it however, just don't forget to share a picture of it for all of us who love electric shavers.

I ended up getting the Panasonic Arc5 as replacement for my Arc4. I just wrote a review for it infact, in this forum. By far, the Arc5 is the best electric shaver that I have ever bought, the performance really blew me away for an electric device. And if your Arc6 is anything like my Arc5, I can certainly see why you are just as surprised with your Arc6, as I have been with my Arc5.

I shower in the morning, I've never really paired showering with shaving. Quite wasteful imo. If i had ro shower every shave I'd just grow a beard lol
I haven’t used an electric for a long time, though I might try one again for travel.

I almost always do my DE shaving in the shower, but not IN the shower - I don’t leave the water on while shaving. I will turn on a trickle for a quick rinse when needed, but then turn it back off.

I find that washing my face in a hot shower raises the stubble more than I can achieve by washing in the sink (even with a momentarily-hot washrag). If I wait until I get out and dry off though, it’s gone.

Since I only need to rinse my face before shaving - I save the all-over rinse for afterwards to reduce water usage.

Last night, I took advantage of Prime Day to order a significantly discounted Arc6.

As I mentioned above, I normally shave in the shower with DE.

However, I have knee replacements coming up in August and September (7 weeks apart). I know that with the two surgeries close together, there will be several weeks of not showering at all, and more weeks of needing to just get it done quick and get out. Trying to shave in a chair in front of the sink seemed awkward too.

Still, I don’t plan to grow a beard, so an electric seemed like a better option. I never got great results with my old Norelco or Braun shavers, but hopefully the Panasonic will be a big improvement!

If all goes well, I’m also hoping the Arc6 will be good for quick touch ups and mornings that I don’t have time for DE.

Last night, I took advantage of Prime Day to order a significantly discounted Arc6.

However, I have knee replacements coming up in August and September (7 weeks apart). I know that with the two surgeries close together, there will be several weeks of not showering at all, and more weeks of needing to just get it done quick and get out. Trying to shave in a chair in front of the sink seemed awkward too.

Still, I don’t plan to grow a beard, so an electric seemed like a better option. I never got great results with my old Norelco or Braun shavers, but hopefully the Panasonic will be a big improvement!

If all goes well, I’m also hoping the Arc6 will be good for quick touch ups and mornings that I don’t have time for DE.
The arc 6 is definitely the best electric I've ever used. Unfortunately I must part ways with mine since I recently ordered a very expensive adjustable. But for electric shavers there is no better option atm. It's fantastic

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!

The arc 6 is definitely the best electric I've ever used. Unfortunately I must part ways with mine since I recently ordered a very expensive adjustable. But for electric shavers there is no better option atm. It's fantastic
Are either of you able to compare the Arc 6 versus Arc 5?

I have refined my methodology with the Arc 5 using experience wetshaving. The result is that I now get a closer shave with the Arc 5 than I ever did with a safety razor.

The Arc 6 has sincerely tempted me but is just too expensive to justify. The fact that the supply chain to buy replacement foils does not yet really exist in the US made the decision easier. But I am very curious how much it cost!

My skin was not too happy with electrics before, and gets along much better with DEs (especially the Blackbird). Never tried a Panasonic ArcX before though.

Most of the reviews I read said the Arc6 doesn’t really shave closer than the Arc5, but it’s more comfortable (especially on sensitive skin).

With that in mind, and the Prime Day discount, it was worth it to me to spring for the Arc6. I seriously considered the Arc5, and was trying to research all the myriad versions, and which were sold in which market, etc. In the end though, Prime Day was almost over and I was tired, and had just met with the surgeon that day. I pulled the trigger, rolled over, and went right to sleep.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
My skin was not too happy with electrics before, and gets along much better with DEs (especially the Blackbird). Never tried a Panasonic ArcX before though.

Most of the reviews I read said the Arc6 doesn’t really shave closer than the Arc5, but it’s more comfortable (especially on sensitive skin).

With that in mind, and the Prime Day discount, it was worth it to me to spring for the Arc6. I seriously considered the Arc5, and was trying to research all the myriad versions, and which were sold in which market, etc. In the end though, Prime Day was almost over and I was tired, and had just met with the surgeon that day. I pulled the trigger, rolled over, and went right to sleep.
I would love to hear how closely it shaves, immediately.

What I mean by that is that it took me months to get into the swing of things with the Arc 5.

If you get BBS within a couple of weeks that is a good data point for me to bear in mind.

Looking at the price, I would hope Panasonic would send someone over to your place every day to shave you. 🤣
I'll be happy if I don't feel like I lost a fight with a cactus!

Frankly though, I only have a few weeks until the first surgery, and my to-do list is a mile long. Picking a shaver will not be the only problem I throw money at to make it go away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom