What's new

palmolive green cream

Palmolive discontinued their US-made creams, but the European ones are simply wonderful. Inexpensive and very good at what they do, and they smell nice. I don't use creams as often as I do soaps, but Palmolive is one of my three go-to creams when I do.

One of my favs, I just love that smell although it's not a 'natural' smell. Careful with the tube, if you use a key to roll it the metal can split open and leak, especially if it gets wet. I've got both the "red" and the "green" as well as the "green menthol", the "green" is a bit more viscous than the "red". But they smell and perform the same. £1 is a heck of a deal.

I know might get some more when im next down my dads like the old line from jaw …. think were gonna need a bigger bag .

I’m Ireland for vacation. Just picked up a tube for 2 euros. Still a deal to me versus the states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also get this cream locally (Stockholm, Sweden), and I find it to be very reliable and has a nice scent as well. My local store also carries Tabac soap sticks, very nice too.

I don't care what people say about cost, Palmolive is truly a top tier cream. And yes, it does perform better than many soaps.

according to lloysds pharmacy the ingredents are
. Aqua
Stearic Acid
Glycerin
Potassium Hydroxide
Coconut Acid
Cocos Nucifera Oil
Sodium Hydroxide
Parfum
Potassium Chloride
Sodium Silicate
Cocos Nucifera Extract
Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde
Limonene
CI 15985
CI 42051
CI 45350
CI 47005

Seems to be a significant trigger for Eczema sufferers.

Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde- known as Lyral: quantitative aspects and risk assessment of an important fragrance allergen. - PubMed - NCBI

CI 15985 is banned in Norway.

CI 42051 is banned in Australia

CI 45350 is such a potent and important drug that the WHO list it as an "essential medicine"

CI 47005 Seems relatively benign.

How i wish i had never opened the lid to the Pandora's box of cosmetic ingredients....

Personally I prefer the stick. Currently on my last one. Since they decided to discontinue, I’ve seen the prices go up.

Would love to try this as it's pretty cheap, but never seen it in any local stores (Ayrshire, Scotland) & to buy it on Amazon or Ebay incurs a big postage bill which makes it no longer economical.
£3.49 including postage on eBay. Absolutely criminal :).

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

Seems to be a significant trigger for Eczema sufferers.

Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde- known as Lyral: quantitative aspects and risk assessment of an important fragrance allergen. - PubMed - NCBI

CI 15985 is banned in Norway.

CI 42051 is banned in Australia

CI 45350 is such a potent and important drug that the WHO list it as an "essential medicine"

CI 47005 Seems relatively benign.

How i wish i had never opened the lid to the Pandora's box of cosmetic ingredients....
That’s why I never read ingredients and would never believe anything WHO says in the first place.

Strange question.
I had about 7 shaves with this cream and used about 58 grams.
Am I using to much of it or is this normal with this cream?

Strange question.
Way too much. On average one would use 2 gr of cream per shave. That would be about a large almond size or 1/2". I use a tad more cream, maybe 3/4".
Proper lather has a sheen to it and its residual slickness is fantastic. Belgian Palmolive is the best value cream, in my opinion. Nothing comes close to this. It has been my choice for many years when I travel and always delivers, regardless of water hardness.

I have two new Palmolive sticks which I received in a trade with a gentleman on another forum. He told me that the sticks are still very easy to find in Germany where he lives.

Rick

Used this for the first time yesterday and had one of my best shaves, really nice cream and at the price (£2.84 delivered) is a bargain.

Way too much. On average one would use 2 gr of cream per shave. That would be about a large almond size or 1/2". I use a tad more cream, maybe 3/4".
Proper lather has a sheen to it and its residual slickness is fantastic. Belgian Palmolive is the best value cream, in my opinion. Nothing comes close to this. It has been my choice for many years when I travel and always delivers, regardless of water hardness.
Thx

Strange question.

With shaving cream, less is more. This holds for both lathering and brushless cream. With both, the thinnest amount possible, spread through the whiskers, is more than sufficient - particularly with brushless, as more than that tends to gum up the razor. But even with lathering cream, the advertising images of faces with huge amounts of lather are more advertising hyperbole than reality. Too much of it can interfere with the shave itself.

(I said the above primarily because I'm a face latherer with cream rather than a bowl latherer. The old tubes for most of the classic brands used to instruct users to place a small amount on the brush, but I find it easier to spread it thinly on my face and lather that way.)

Top Bottom