What's new

Paladin Brush Availability

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Yea I don’t know what the bes was myself 🤷🏻‍♂️. Tired and was typing on the train is my guess what it was lol.

Been a long time since I've ridden a train.

Laid off undergrad for two years back in the mid 70s and worked on the Santa Fe. Started out as a gandy dancer. Got promoted to Group 5 Engineer (heavy equipment including machines that ran on the track). Since I didn't have much seniority, all my jobs running equipment were on relief (e.g., someone was injured or on vacation). Lived in KS but did stints all over between Oklahoma and Illinois. Got to "deadhead" in cabooses on freight trains (and ride Amtrak on SF lines without getting my ticket punched so long as I wore a Santa Fe hat). Never had a job working for someone else that I enjoyed more.

Sorry to go off topic, but you invited it.

I only have one Paladin brush. It's beautiful and performs excellent. Great quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.3 KB · Views: 24

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I was originally eyeing the antique ivory. That lemon drop is winning me over!

I love this engraving with all four of the offered materials. Cody used Lemon Drop for the first prototype simply because he had one on hand that a small surface defect. Although Lemon Drop and Jade have the same pattern structure, I think Lemon drop might be a bit more translucent, which to my eye results in the dragon being illuminated from behind between and around the black.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I personally think that Paladin color patterns were better looking back in the day than current production. They were amazing. I was even making a photo collection of my personal favorites, that's how beautiful they were.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I personally think that Paladin color patterns were better looking back in the day than current production. They were amazing. I was even making a photo collection of my personal favorites, that's how beautiful they were.

That's interesting. What material(s) specifically? And when was back in the day?

Most of the rod I have on hand presently was purchased in 2016-2017. I bought a large stack in 2016 when the British Pound fell against the US$. All of the Jade, Lemon Drop, and Lapis Lazuli in our current offering is from 2016. And I haven't been cherry-picking along the way. I kicked myself in the *** for a while for going overboard, but I'm glad now that I did. GPS doesn't stock any of that stuff anymore (or at least didn't the last time I checked in there).

I honestly don't think there is any significant difference between the standard materials we were turning 5-10 years ago and those same materials we're using today. And the stuff is highly color-stable.

See the photo below. How would you compare the Jade and Lemon Drop to what you remember as having been better?

P3242984wsc.jpg

FWIW, photos of just about every brush we sold between mid-2015 and sometime in 2019 or early 2020 can be found in our Flickr Gallery: Paladin Shaving’s albums | Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/141014234@N04/albums/. Also, I did not photo-editing of the image above other than cropping and downsizing a bit.

Last edited:

Space_Cadet

@ChiefBroom

I had this large collection of color patterns and shapes that I liked on my old PC, and now I can't find them on my new PC. This is sad. I am 100 percent sure there was a "Paladin Brushes" folder on one of my hard disks with about 20-30 photos if not more. :(

Space_Cadet

By the way, I also liked Geoff Anderson's brush color patterns and shapes and the material they were made from. Here is one example. Stunning in my opinion.

Top Bottom