What's new

Overlooked Soaps

Palmira from Serbia. Like Cella, but better. Not that popular as it’s not that easy to get hold of. I got mine via eBay.

I'm interested. What's so great about it? It appears to be a tallow based soap in a 70g block.
View attachment 1661333
View attachment 1661334
Definitely an underrated soap that doesn’t get the love it deserves. @Feldgrun I would recommend trying it ASAP. It is a tallow based soap and fairly budget friendly but it (as you mentioned) only comes in a 70g block (that I’m aware of). It seems to stay fresh for a long time compared to Cella and the performance is great too
Same almond/ marzipan smell as Cella, but a touch stronger and sweeter, creamier lather and better post-shave face feel. All IMO, of course.
Agreed 100%. I rate it right up there with Cella in quality and performance

Last edited:
Definitely an underrated soap that doesn’t get the love it deserves. @Feldgrun I would recommend trying it ASAP. It is a tallow based soap and fairly budget friendly but it (as you mentioned) only comes in a 70g block (that I’m aware of). It seems to stay fresh for a long time compared to Cella and the performance is great too

Agreed 100%. I rate it right up there with Cella in quality and performance
Like most everything mentioned in this thread, I wonder if it would be more popular if it was more available.

Like most everything mentioned in this thread, I wonder if it would be more popular if it was more available.
I would imagine that it would be more popular if the big names in the wet shaving sites carried it. I would also think that it’s fairly popular in Serbia. I would liken it to the small regional soft drinks sold in

One other soap that is somewhat overlooked is Pre de Provence. I have the less popular Bergamot and Thyme scent, but the scent is excellent and for me the performance is that of a top tier soap- better than the performance of most Artisan soaps. I bought my puck with a discount for about $10, but the price has gone up to a little less than $20. You get 150 grams of a quad milled puck, so it will last a long time.
Agree 100%. It's easy to overlook with the plethora of newre excellent soaps available today, but PDP Bergamot and Thyme remains one of my favorites. The wonderful, mild scent pairs with anything, it lathers like a dream, and with the shea butter leaves my face feeling great. Tremendous bang for the buck.

Many underrated soaps, but…

TFS “V” P-671 soap is crazy underrated, it preformes so so well and scent is froral and very nice 🤩
IMG_2623.jpeg

What is interesting is that many soaps that are being mentioned as "overlooked" have actually been the popular, hyped up products at some point in the past. When I joined B&B back in 2011 DR Harris was all the rage (along with other 3T products). Musgo was also popular then, and then a few years later everyone loved Haslinger. They may be overlooked now, but they have certainly had their time in the sun, and still have their devoted fans.

We often see the praises of MdC, SV, GD and others ranked as "top tier soaps," but what are some soaps that have "flown under the radar" or are relatively new that should receive more attention based on their excellent performance? I generally only try soaps that I see others praise, so what are some of the "Overlooked Soaps?"
Captain Fawcett's luxury shaving soap and the Scapicchio version are on the same level as DR Harris, Cyril R Slater and Tabac (tallow),if not better...anyone that prefers hard tallow soaps should try it at least once...you won't be disappointed :001_smile

Captain Fawcett's Scapicchio Shaving Soap​

Top Bottom