What's new

osage rub as an aftershave splash?

I just bought this and used it for the first time after my shave was done. very nice. not as much burn as I thought and the menthol kick was there, but didn't seem to me to be as cold as other aftershaves like stirling glacials or paa's frostbyte. maybe it's just me. anyone else use this as an aftershave splash? your thoughts on it? thanks

I make an aftershave using it and some other ingredients. It adds a nice menthol effect. To use plain as an aftershave would be a bit too strong for me and it doesn't have much in the way of moisturizing effects.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I learned of Osage Rub here & have never used it as other than a summertime aftershave .. you are right, there's less "bite" than some of the Uber-mentholated brands, but I don't use it to bring tears ..

Osage Rub is a classic Old School product. Nice to splash on a cold towel after cutting the grass or doing yardwork, same goes for Florida Water especially with extra menthol crystals added! Osage has a strange medicinal scent but doesnt last long just a swell blast of cooling.

I got a full bottle of vintage OR at an estate sale. I love to use it as an aftershave splash on warmer days...along with mentholated Witch Hazel.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Osage fan here. Use as aftershave but haven’t used it in ages. I thought at the time it was an intense blast but I’ll try it now so I can compare to other menthol products and synthetic menthol. The scent fades so quickly it would work perfectly for night shaves.

I put menthol crystals in my osage for an extra blast, but after going through a full bottle of cryogen my tolerance might have went really high.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I dug it out and used it tonight. At first while filling my hand I thought 😮‍💨 this stuff stinks. I poured it on liberally. 4-5 handfuls. Remembering that I put a few drops of glycerin in mine for better face feel. I don’t think I added menthol. The menthol level was as I remember. Intense. My eyes watered. My nose ran. Sinus cleared. Face burn. And yes I’m enjoying the scent now too. The scent and burn is maintained now 15 minutes post application. A+ great stuff.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I dug it out and used it tonight. At first while filling my hand I thought 😮‍💨 this stuff stinks. I poured it on liberally. 4-5 handfuls. Remembering that I put a few drops of glycerin in mine for better face feel. I don’t think I added menthol. The menthol level was as I remember. Intense. My eyes watered. My nose ran. Sinus cleared. Face burn. And yes I’m enjoying the scent now too. The scent and burn is maintained now 15 minutes post application. A+ great stuff.
If you don't use enough to open up your sinuses we take away your Man Card here, doggone!

I mix it approximately 50:50 with Florida Water and keep it in a small spray bottle in my truck for a quick refresh if I have to stop somewhere when I’ve been outside working hard. Works great as a fabric freshener as well in my pickup.

I don't know how I survived summers without Osage Rub.... stuff is glorious.

Recently had a nasty head cold and it helped clear things up a bit throughout the day, including after the shave.

Top Bottom