What's new

osage rub as an aftershave splash?

I love it and use it after every shave year-round. I added menthol crystals to my current bottle for some extra kick but it is almost gone. I have two more bottles on the side and will be using those as-is. I'll usually use an aftershave on top of the Osage Rub after about 15 minutes. The alcohol in the aftershave offers up a 2nd wave of chill.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I love it and use it after every shave year-round. I added menthol crystals to my current bottle for some extra kick but it is almost gone. I have two more bottles on the side and will be using those as-is. I'll usually use an aftershave on top of the Osage Rub after about 15 minutes. The alcohol in the aftershave offers up a 2nd wave of chill.
Good idea! Long time no see my friend. You've obviously been keeping better company!

Good idea! Long time no see my friend. You've obviously been keeping better company!
I can't say that I've been keeping better company but I have been a lot less participatory in the shave-related talk. I'm past the seeking/experimental stage of the shaving world, content to use what I already have and since COVID kicked in, my shaving frequency has been halved if not more. I'm not sure I have much to ask or say! :001_smile I've been fairly active in the "What TV series you watching?" thread.

FarmerTan

I can't say that I've been keeping better company but I have been a lot less participatory in the shave-related talk. I'm past the seeking/experimental stage of the shaving world, content to use what I already have and since COVID kicked in, my shaving frequency has been halved if not more. I'm not sure I have much to ask or say! :001_smile I've been fairly active in the "What TV series you watching?" thread.
Aaahh! That explains it! No one wants to hear about me still catching up on all the Hallmark CHRISTMAS movies I ain't watched yet! Of COURSE, I don't really WANT to watch them, but it keeps my lovely bride happy, and as anyone on here will tell you, I'm WAY too manly to watch Hallmark movies without being forced to...

Aaahh! That explains it! No one wants to hear about me still catching up on all the Hallmark CHRISTMAS movies I ain't watched yet! Of COURSE, I don't really WANT to watch them, but it keeps my lovely bride happy, and as anyone on here will tell you, I'm WAY too manly to watch Hallmark movies without being forced to...
I think I might find the dog house before I watched Hallmark Christmas movies. Lol, you are a better husband than I.

FarmerTan

I think I might find the dog house before I watched Hallmark Christmas movies. Lol, you are a better husband than I.
No, I'm not. I was a Cosmetologist, then an RN..... I'm in touch with my feminine side!

TOO in touch, obviously!

I dug it out and used it tonight. At first while filling my hand I thought 😮‍💨 this stuff stinks. I poured it on liberally. 4-5 handfuls. Remembering that I put a few drops of glycerin in mine for better face feel. I don’t think I added menthol. The menthol level was as I remember. Intense. My eyes watered. My nose ran. Sinus cleared. Face burn. And yes I’m enjoying the scent now too. The scent and burn is maintained now 15 minutes post application. A+ great stuff.
Four to five handfuls--literally? Isn't that a bit "over the top?"

I can get similar results with maybe 1/4 of a teaspoon of Osage Rub. But then, I belong to the "Less is More" school.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Four to five handfuls--literally? Isn't that a bit "over the top?"

I can get similar results with maybe 1/4 of a teaspoon of Osage Rub. But then, I belong to the "Less is More" school.
I almost always use at least 4 handfuls meaning palm full of any aftershave and I apply liberally.

It’s plenty menthol-y for my liking. I started mixing it with witch hazel a while back to make it more manageable.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I'm in the same boat as Rhody, have a bottle, used to use, but haven't used it in a while now. And like Rhody, I'm tempted to used it next time I shave... I'm not sure I have anything to apply it, maybe just grab an old shirt from the hamper, knot up a wodge of it and wet it/dab it on. I remember that it used to be quite chilling, and am surprised that ppl say that there is more biting stuff, but it -has- been a long while.

Osage rub has a weird toilet stink to it. I enjoy it after a night shave especially in the summer. Slipping into clean crisp sheets with that menthol burn on your face is a great feeling.

I picked up a bottle early in my shaving journey. I read reviews singing high praises and my expectations were high.
To me it's good and refreshing but I've come across other products that I prefer.
How does Limacol compare?

Top Bottom