What's new

Omega S10018, reasons I love this brush

When I face lather with a synthetic brush & my shave stick, I load the soap on my face once and I have enough to make 3 passes. And I don't have to paint the lather on if I don't want. Works great. I can't do that with a boar or badger.
I don't use shave sticks, so I can't compare.

I use everything as a stick. I get the same yield with my boar as with a synthetic. I'm not saying that you're wrong about the results that you get with your boar though.

Here in Italy is very cheap (about 3 euros) it is very good Bristle but the handle in both my 2 is very fragile, after few time crack and the wather come in...
I have one that use in travel with scotch, it seem to resist well, i prefer the bristle of this 10018 to my other Omega Boar Bristle, the 10081 that is harder but the handle has no failure.

I use everything as a stick. I get the same yield with my boar as with a synthetic. I'm not saying that you're wrong about the results that you get with your boar though.

I know a lot of guys use boar brushes to face lather, even with a shave stick. I honestly don't know how they do it. As I said I apply a lot of soap and I still can't get good results. I guess you have to apply a lot, a lot, a lot, of soap for it to work. I've tried many times.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Face-lathering boar-lover here. No issues at all, whether with boar, badger or horse; the only difference is lather-hogginess.

Face-lathering boar-lover here. No issues at all, whether with boar, badger or horse; the only difference is lather-hogginess.
+1, no issues at all. Last night, Semogue TSN LE with LPL, three passes with plenty left. There is a technique for releasing trapped lather in any brush, easy peasy.

I know a lot of guys use boar brushes to face lather, even with a shave stick. I honestly don't know how they do it. As I said I apply a lot of soap and I still can't get good results. I guess you have to apply a lot, a lot, a lot, of soap for it to work. I've tried many times.
I think that it depends on the individual brush. I don't have any explanation of why that would be though. I tried a Semogue SOC boar that was well broken in and after adding soap twice, I just gave up and grabbed my daily boar.

I think that I've read every page of the 3017 thread and I could never figure out how some of those guys were using so much soap, literally 16 times as much as I was using. I do use filtered water to shave, and use everything as a stick, but I finally came to the conclusion that a lot of it was the brush that I was using.

I was using a Body Shop synthetic for travel and I used about twice as much soap with that brush as to my regular boar. The new synthetics that I've been using are about equal to my boar in low soap usage. The low soap demands of the modern synthetics are one of my main attractions to them.

I think that it depends on the individual brush. I don't have any explanation of why that would be though. I tried a Semogue SOC boar that was well broken in and after adding soap twice, I just gave up and grabbed my daily boar.

I think that I've read every page of the 3017 thread and I could never figure out how some of those guys were using so much soap, literally 16 times as much as I was using. I do use filtered water to shave, and use everything as a stick, but I finally came to the conclusion that a lot of it was the brush that I was using.

Do you add soap to your face between passes?

Do you add soap to your face between passes?
No. I do wear a van dyke so there is a bit less real estate, but that also cuts down on the area that I rub the stick on. Just the first application of soap easily gives me enough lather for three passes. I also notice that I build the lather faster with my boar over my synthetics, but that may be just because I have so much more experience with that brush.

I meant to add to the last post that I do believe you about your experience with your boar brush vs synthetics.

I use the same amount when I face lather with my synthetics.

I am baffled. I may just have to try one of these S-brushes and see how I do with it. Just curious now.
I would recommend it. It lathers like a synthetic, and has the tips to match- soft!. It has the backbone of a boar. It has a unique splay that I can't compare to anything. Took me a few times to like it, was weird before then.

Okay, now I did it. I just ordered an Omega S-10108. This one has a 27mm knot with a 60mm loft.

Attachments

• S-10108.jpg
    S-10108.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I just ordered the Model in the OP but in yellow. Cost $6.99 shipped from ebay with a $5 discount. We'll see how it performs when it arrives.

These Omega S-brushes are suppose to be different than most other synthetics in that they are suppose to resemble a natural boar brush. Since I never had any luck with using a boar brush with face-lathering, I thought I would give this type a try just to see what happens. (Any excuse to buy more gear.)

These Omega S-brushes are suppose to be different than most other synthetics in that they are suppose to resemble a natural boar brush. Since I never had any luck with using a boar brush with face-lathering, I thought I would give this type a try just to see what happens. (Any excuse to buy more gear.)

This is a great excuse. Let us know how it will work for you .

I face later with boars without problems. I don't even use the bowl anymore.

Top Bottom