What's new

Omega S10018, reasons I love this brush

I bought this synthetic brush in 2015. Till this day, it's probably my most-used brush. I really like it. It cost me about 6 euros. It easily creates rich and explosive (if I may say) lather with any cream or soap, soft or hard. It has never disappointed me. It has a nice splay and a medium to strong backbone. I believe the knot is set at 24mm, the ideal size for me.
Omega brushes are classics and offer a truly great price-quality ratio.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Dapper Dragon Bakewell LE:
proxy.php

PAA Neroli:
proxy.php

Palmolive Classica:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Nuavia Rossa:
proxy.php

KMF Pomegranate Grapefruit:
proxy.php

I highly recommend it. Actually, I "have/need to" buy a few backups just in case.

I have this in synthetic and boar. The synthetic was my virgin brush. Now I don't use it anymore. I prefer the boar by at least 10 football field length.

I have this in synthetic and boar. The synthetic was my virgin brush. Now I don't use it anymore. I prefer the boar by at least 10 football field length.

I respectfully disagree.

I have the boar version and I use it once in a blue moon. The synthetic performs much better for me. Also, before actually using the boar I had to do quite a few test-lathers to get rid of the repulsive scent.

proxy.php

The best Omega boar by the way is the 10049 (IMHO).

YMMV. The best omega I have is actually the boar version of this because of the backbone and superb handle ergonomics.

I've never used those ultra large omega boars so I don't know.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow I'll take this synthetic out of the plastic container I shoved deep into my drawer for a spin. Let's see if I still hate it.

And this s-brush only cost me 3.89 euros in singapore. LOL. So I'm not complaining. Omega brushes are so cheap here.

I don't think either of you will convince the other what their favorite brush is. I prefer boars, but the S10018 is the best synthetic I have ever tried, and it does out lather any of my boars.

I consider myself a dedicated boar user but have a pretty good collection of other brushes with the exception of horse. Here's a big Omega synthetic "boar" with the loft shortened up. I'm surprised you don't hear more about these knots. I like them.

The Omega S10018 looks like a nice brush. I will say that all my synthetic brushes will out perform any boar brush when it comes to face-lathering. When I use a shave stick with a synthetic I can get 3 passes from one load of soap on my face. With any boar I have ever used I can only get one good pass worth of lather.
For me boars are okay for bowl-lathering, that's it.

I bought this synthetic brush in 2015. Till this day, it's probably my most-used brush. I really like it. It cost me about 6 euros. It easily creates rich and explosive (if I may say) lather with any cream or soap, soft or hard. It has never disappointed me. It has a nice splay and a medium to strong backbone. I believe the knot is set at 24mm, the ideal size for me.
Omega brushes are classics and offer a truly great price-quality ratio.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Dapper Dragon Bakewell LE:
proxy.php

PAA Neroli:
proxy.php

Palmolive Classica:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Nuavia Rossa:
proxy.php

KMF Pomegranate Grapefruit:
proxy.php

I highly recommend it. Actually, I "have/need to" buy a few backups just in case.

Great review!! :a14::a14:

The Omega S10018 looks like a nice brush. I will say that all my synthetic brushes will out perform any boar brush when it comes to face-lathering. When I use a shave stick with a synthetic I can get 3 passes from one load of soap on my face. With any boar I have ever used I can only get one good pass worth of lather.

My brushes are synthetic and boars. I admit that a synthetic brush makes lather much better and with less quantity. They put ashame any other type of brush, although not many like to say it.

However when you wet the boar brush as much as it needs and use more soap than you usually do in a synthetic than you get 3 passes for sure. Personally I always make lather for 2 passes at least in facelathering using a boar brush and I am not an expert at all.

Boar brushes are just water sensitive I think and need more soap.

My brushes are synthetic and boars. I admit that a synthetic brush makes lather much better and with less quantity. They put ashame any other type of brush, although not many like to say it.

However when you wet the boar brush as much as it needs and use more soap than you usually do in a synthetic than you get 3 passes for sure. Personally I always make lather for 2 passes at least in facelathering using a boar brush and I am not an expert at all.

Boar brushes are just water sensitive I think and need more soap.
If I want to finish a soap sooner, I'll use a boar like an Omega 10049. It loads a lot of product.

I'm just the opposite. I prefer the way a boar feels on my face, and I almost exclusively face lather.

I think synthetics shine for bowl lathering, where I'm not rubbing on my face to get it to lather.

Everyone likes different things though.

They put ashame any other type of brush, although not many like to say it

I'll give kudos where they are due. Synthetics lather!

I prefer the way a boar feels on my face, and I almost exclusively face lather.
+7.... I always get plenty for three passes face lathering with my boar.

I have found that soap use varies greatly with the brush. My Omega boar is extremely miserly with soap. I tried a broken in Semogue SOC and after adding soap to over twice what I normally use and still not getting more than just the start of lather, I gave up and went back to my normal brush. Gave away the SOC at the next meet.

I would like to try the Omega-S though at some point.

Last edited:
+7.... I always get plenty for three passes face lathering with my boar.

I have found that soap use varies greatly with the brush. My Omega boar is extremely miserly with soap. I tried a broken in Semogue SOC and after adding soap to over twice what I normally use and still not getting more than just the start of lather, I gave up and went back to my normal brush. Gave away the SOC at the next meet.

SOC is my least favorite brush. I almost never use it.

I always get plenty for three passes face lathering with my boar.

You and Clay S must really use a lot of soap to face lather with a boar. When I try using a boar I'll add twice the soap I normally use and I still can't get 2 good passes.
I may have to try this brush just for kicks.

You and Clay S must really use a lot of soap to face lather with a boar. When I try using a boar I'll add twice the soap I normally use and I still can't get 2 good passes.
A puck of Tabac will last me about 1000 three pass shaves with my boar.

I don't think that I do. I lather each pass, having some left over, some times need to load more. I don't try to have a huge amount on my brush to try painting it on later passes, I lather again. I waste tons when I try bowl lathering. Lather winds up where I have no need for it.

I'm in the same boar camp as you. My worst boar is better than my best synthetic.

Back to the S-Brush - I have the same one as the OP (different color though) and I can safely say it's probably my least favorite synthetic. I like to mash the brush and do circles when I face lather, and while the S-Brush has very soft tips, it's way too springy for my tastes.

I don't think either of you will convince the other what their favorite brush is. I prefer boars, but the S10018 is the best synthetic I have ever tried, and it does out lather any of my boars.
Well, either way we can certainly learn from this that Omega makes great brushes, irregardless of the type you prefer. [emoji846]

I have the synthetic and it's wonderful. For the price, it's criminal what you get. Seriously feel like I ripped them off. Lol. I'd image every Omega is that good.

I don't think that I do. I lather each pass, having some left over, some times need to load more. I don't try to have a huge amount on my brush to try painting it on later passes, I lather again. I waste tons when I try bowl lathering. Lather winds up where I have no need for it.

When I face lather with a synthetic brush & my shave stick, I load the soap on my face once and I have enough to make 3 passes. And I don't have to paint the lather on if I don't want. Works great. I can't do that with a boar or badger.

Top Bottom