What's new

Omega Boar 011829 Anyone..?

A couple of pics for your viewing pleasure.

CB8A011F-D887-4F69-B2F0-F91B94AB2A2E.jpeg
809A513D-E14A-4B84-A6B4-DFC69062250D.jpeg

I have a Proraso Pro and I was thinking it is a best boar brush I have. Received the Connaught Omega 011842 a month ago. Very soft, no need to break it. Use it all month and my high end badgers crying alone.
Amazing brush.

Which of the two brushes has more backbone?

I have both and can say that they are two very different brushes. The Pro 49 is massive in comparison to it's smaller Connaught sibling. I've had my Pro 49 longer and it is not broken in to the extent that it is not as soft as the Connaught. Because of it's large size I'd say that the bigger brush has more backbone while the smaller brush is as soft or softer than my best Silvertip Badger. Also, the handle on the Connaught is much much nicer. I don't really compare them against one another because of they are so different. When I feel in the mood for using a massive boar brush I use the Pro 49. And when I want to baby my face with soft luxury I use the Connaught.

I have both and can say that they are two very different brushes. The Pro 49 is massive in comparison to it's smaller Connaught sibling. I've had my Pro 49 longer and it is not broken in to the extent that it is not as soft as the Connaught. Because of it's large size I'd say that the bigger brush has more backbone while the smaller brush is as soft or softer than my best Silvertip Badger. Also, the handle on the Connaught is much much nicer. I don't really compare them against one another because of they are so different. When I feel in the mood for using a massive boar brush I use the Pro 49. And when I want to baby my face with soft luxury I use the Connaught.
He was asking about the proraso pro which is not the same as a pro 49. Still good info though!

He was asking about the proraso pro which is not the same as a pro 49. Still good info though!

Oops. Sorry. You know what Emily Litella would say.........

That said, the Proraso Pro is made by Omega for Proraso. In another B&B thread I read that the knots of the Omega Pro 49 and the Proraso Pro are the same size but the Proraso is set a little deeper giving it more backbone. So, either way, the Connaught is still vastly different from either the Proraso Pro or the Omega Pro 49.

Last edited:
Good question. A quick search seems to indicate that they are one and the same but I can't say that definitively. going on the Omega website and searching either number gives me nothing. Maybe someone else has better information that I do.

I have one of the new versions of this brush and it has more backbone than both the earlier version and my Proraso Pro. Really nothing new as I have multiples of several Omega boars and find the knots to be distinctly individual.
It's all good to me as I enjoy them all.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Good question. A quick search seems to indicate that they are one and the same but I can't say that definitively. going on the Omega website and searching either number gives me nothing. Maybe someone else has better information that I do.

Thank you. :)

I have one of the new versions of this brush and it has more backbone than both the earlier version and my Proraso Pro. Really nothing new as I have multiples of several Omega boars and find the knots to be distinctly individual.
It's all good to me as I enjoy them all.

I have the OMEGA 011842 and it is my favorite boar. After breaking it in using the water in the refrigerator method, it is 'just right'.

Top Bottom