What's new

Omega Boar 011829 Anyone..?

Soaking for a few minutes while in the shower is fine (otherwise you encountered a poor quality boar[emoji275]). Personally I would not advocate to soak it for HOURS in order to get a faster break in. The brush itself it’s great. After I got my two I did not touch my high end badgers until recently and that must mean since spring last year or so.

Does anyone in B&B land have both this brush and the Proraso Professional and can comment on the differences and similarities? They seem to have roughly the same sized knot.

Edit: I believe @Chan Eil Whiskers has both

Last edited:
Does anyone in B&B land have both this brush and the Proraso Professional and can comment on the differences and similarities? They seem to have roughly the same sized knot.
Going by the listing at Connaught, the loft is 10mm+ shorter, so it should have backbone and scrub a plenty

Going by the listing at Connaught, the loft is 10mm+ shorter, so it should have backbone and scrub a plenty
I think the Connaught listing is wrong. My Proraso is 27x57mm, which is only about 5mm taller than the jade Omega. In another thread I just perused, Jim says the Proraso Pro, despite being taller, has more backbone than the jade Omega.

I think the Connaught listing is wrong. My Proraso is 27x57mm, which is only about 5mm taller than the jade Omega. In another thread I just perused, Jim says the Proraso Pro, despite being taller, has more backbone than the jade Omega.
I was thinking Omega Pro, not Proraso. my bad. Mine is 64mm

Mine has started to lose a few hairs the last few uses.
I’d say about 3 or 4 hairs each time.
Hope it doesn’t continue.

I'd say that the bristles are a bit softer and break in a bit faster. It's also a shorter loft; that makes the splay easier to control and provides better backbone.

To answer my own question, I contacted connaught and this was their response: "Yes the brush has a solid resin handle, bristles are the same as the 20102, loft is set low for face lathering."

Bristles may be the same as the 20102, but the knot can't be. An overhead density/bloom shot of this brush looks like the overhead shot of my Omega 11137, which is decidedly not a Professional size. It's way less bristle than is in my 49. Further, the 27mm socket has room for more knot than is there, and a 49 is 27mm at its base, and bigger still at the 52mm loft mark.

Many thanks for all comments fellows. Funny- I have well over 10 boars and I have never encountered so many strays. I used to pluck the few that I would find. I thought those were impossible to split to be frank.
Ok- it´s a keeper then. I imagine it will take ages to break in:blink:

not really, i have a 10048 and the black hair is the same as the white, split ends wise

This brush is a wonder. It’s become so soft. So soft. It’s what I reach for most of the time now.
It seems to have stopped the shedding that it did for a little bit.
How goes everyone else’s?

This brush is a wonder. It’s become so soft. So soft. It’s what I reach for most of the time now.
It seems to have stopped the shedding that it did for a little bit.
How goes everyone else’s?

I haven't commented on this great brush for quite a while. Well, since my banishment in July 2018. But I'm back and have many many uses of this brush behind me. I REALLY LOVE this brush. It's definitely one of my favorite brushes. I'll soak it for a couple minutes while I apply pre shave oil and stick a blade in the razor if there isn't one already there. And then off to the races. When I apply the lather to my face and work it into my beard with circular motions all around my face for a couple minutes it is as soft as my silver tip badger and softer than any of my synthetics. I may have to buy another one as a backup.

Top Bottom