What's new

Omega Boar 011829 Anyone..?

Just teasing my friend. I'm only trying to say that the pleasure of possession can be difficult to quantify, and as you say, is simply a matter of perspective. I enjoy my toys to the best of my ability and wish the same for others.

Nice brush but at more than double the average omega pro price, is there any reason to justify it?
My personal justification was that I wanted a boar brush for face lathering. In terms of cost it's quite a bit cheaper than a good badger. Comparing it with my badgers, once broken in, it performs like a super badger in terms of softness and lathers off a puck better.

In terms of shaving performance, marginal for safety razor shaving but has had a big impact for me when straight shaving.

Within my personal parameters therefore, I have a higher performing brush for a fraction of the price, and most importantly my shaves have improved.

Nice brush but at more than double the average omega pro price, is there any reason to justify it?

If you have tried other Omega's, and liked the overall boar experience, but wish it had a little more scrub, this would probably be a good answer for that wish.

As they say, "this is left as an exercise for the reader."

Cost / value is always a dicey proposition and I know enough to not dictate how other people should spend their money.

Used it again today. This brush broke in faster than any boar I remember. Not very scrubby for me. Soft with nice backbone though. Like this brush.

New Omega arrived today. No logo. First impression is the handle should be a bit smaller. Hefty thing. Will shave with it this week. Under $30 delivered to USA.

Top Bottom