What's new

Old Spice shave cream

It's quite lame how much of the Old Spice stuff isn't available in the US. Even the stuff sold here (the aftershave) isn't easy to find on their website!
Does Proctor and Gamble make the cream or is it another company? If it's another company that makes the cream that might explain why it's not so easy to obtain.

Edit: I just looked on Amazon and found this answer: "Old spice is still existing in Asia and in India specifically , you can also google the same, prod is made in India and shipped from India, thank you". Looks like it might not be produced by P&G but if anyone can provide the information from the tube or carton that would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Does Proctor and Gamble make the cream or is it another company? If it's another company that makes the cream that might explain why it's not so easy to obtain.

Edit: I just looked on Amazon and found this answer: "Old spice is still existing in Asia and in India specifically , you can also google the same, prod is made in India and shipped from India, thank you". Looks like it might not be produced by P&G but if anyone can provide the information from the tube or carton that would be appreciated.
From this box it says P&G

Attachments

• old-spice-original-lather-shaving-cream-70-g-product-images-o491055450-p491055450-1-202203151009.jpg
    old-spice-original-lather-shaving-cream-70-g-product-images-o491055450-p491055450-1-202203151009.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 13
Thanks, I wonder if they just don't think it will fly in North America and Europe, or perhaps they tried some test markets and they didn't get the results they wanted. It would be interesting to know why we can't get it here.
No idea. Grabbed some off Amazon. Old Spice aftershave is like "technically" on their website.

Well, none of the soaps or creams that I use are available at any department stores or pharmacies.

The only thing that is available is after shave: Old Spice, Aqua Velva, Brut, and that is probably only carried because all types of shavers use aftershave.

With cream and soap, it is a much smaller market, and probably not worth the shelf space at Walmart. To buy something other than canned foam or gel off the shelf, I would need to drive 3 hours to Maggard.

No idea. Grabbed some off Amazon. Old Spice aftershave is like "technically" on their website.

Mine (ebay) shipped from NY.

The only other Old Spice product I've purchased (other than the classic aftershave at Walmart) is Lime aftershave, which was only available from dealers in India, and it took like 6 weeks to show up. I couldn't seem to find a US seller.

It's made in India licensed under P&G so I assume they get permission to use the name. I have great luck with it and will always keep a tube handy when I feel like a change. Some reason it lathers better for me.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I tried it a few years ago and didn't care for it so I found a tube of it in a drawer so I'll give it another go today and see if it changes my mind.

I tried it a few years ago and didn't care for it so I found a tube of it in a drawer so I'll give it another go today and see if it changes my mind.
Use a lot since it dispenses in a narrow bead. I use about 1.5" at least. I whip it up with a little Yaqi 22m white brush (plenty big) for a good minute both ways. Then paint my face. Works like a charm especially using Jack Black Beard Lube. That'll make any cream a solid A+. Add a tiny bit of water if you feel you need it. You will.

Well, none of the soaps or creams that I use are available at any department stores or pharmacies.

The only thing that is available is after shave: Old Spice, Aqua Velva, Brut, and that is probably only carried because all types of shavers use aftershave.

With cream and soap, it is a much smaller market, and probably not worth the shelf space at Walmart. To buy something other than canned foam or gel off the shelf, I would need to drive 3 hours to Maggard.
That sounds like a shaving desert! I can get those plus shaving creams like Nivea and Gillette at Walmart, and my pharmacy has tubs and tubes of Proraso White and Green. There are also a few stores that carry a few other items, and I can still get blades and even some DE razors at my Walmart. It actually has a pretty extensive wet-shaving section. Certainly, not a great product range but not horrible either. Definitely, online works best for traditional wet shaving.

The Old Spice Website is almost devoid of any shaving products. It's mostly just deodorants, body washes, and hair products now. It's sad since Old Spice was originally aftershave and shaving soap.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Use a lot since it dispenses in a narrow bead. I use about 1.5" at least. I whip it up with a little Yaqi 22m white brush (plenty big) for a good minute both ways. Then paint my face. Works like a charm especially using Jack Black Beard Lube. That'll make any cream a solid A+. Add a tiny bit of water if you feel you need it. You will.
I just gave it a go with a Heljustrand No. 10 and got a good shave. My very favorite cream remains Kapo though. I have a bunch of creams but 95% of the time use an ARKO stick my all time favorite soap.

That sounds like a shaving desert! I can get those plus shaving creams like Nivea and Gillette at Walmart, and my pharmacy has tubs and tubes of Proraso White and Green. There are also a few stores that carry a few other items, and I can still get blades and even some DE razors at my Walmart. It actually has a pretty extensive wet-shaving section. Certainly, not a great product range but not horrible either. Definitely, online works best for traditional wet shaving.

I may have overstated the dearth of products. I can find assorted tubes of shave cream from the big boys, like Gillette, Harry's, and Creamo, but I kinda don't even see them, so they don't count. 😄

Forget about Proraso or any other shave cream or soap. Nil.

Last edited:
I may have overstated the dearth of products. I can find assorted tubes of shave cream from the big boys, like Gillette, Harry's, and Creamo, but I'm kinda don't even see them, so those don't count. 😄

Forget about Proraso or any other shave cream or soap. Nil.
I would call these gateway drugs!:lol1:

I would but I'm kinda "out in the sticks". We're lucky to have a Walmart and Meijer for groceries.

The upside is lots of antique stores to scour for $5 vintage razors. 🙂
I asked the current Amazon seller if he could sell the Musk at that price, and he said when he runs out of the original he will.

Top Bottom