What's new

old spice original scent aftershave

Gas chromatography has been done that shows very little difference between new and vintage Old Spice. And what differences exist are positive (greater longevity):

In India, Old Spice is licensed to various cosmetic and chemical companies- lots of different manufacturers make it, and there are subtle differences between each one, mostly in the sourcing of the chemicals.

Shulton hasn't been "making" Old Spice since 1970. In that year, it was sold to American Cyanamid, a chemical business... years before it was sold to Proctor and Gamble. "Shulton" was retained as what amounted to a brand name.

In January 2016, Procter & Gamble changed the scent of its Old Spice Classic After Shave. According to the product's website, under ratings & reviews, the change was made in order to "comply with new regulations

In January 2016, Procter & Gamble changed the scent of its Old Spice Classic After Shave. According to the product's website, under ratings & reviews, the change was made in order to "comply with new regulations

It probably had to do with EU regulations about the amount of irritants in cosmetics, specifically eugenol. My guess is that it only effects the aftershave, not the cologne. Colognes are generally in another regulatory category since they aren't use the same as aftershave.

One that I've find that is EXCELLENT and a very close homage to the original Old Spice is Original Spice 38 from RiveraParfums on Etsy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom