What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Another tough but beautiful ride along the shore of Lake Shasta.

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 2
It’s been a crazy year with COVID, snow and numerous deadlines. I suppose I can resume a regular routine some time in May. Monday and Tuesday I cut firewood, today:
Shoulder PT:

Weights: curls (2 7.5 lb barbells) 💪and triceps (35 lbs), 2 reps of 10, plus misc.
Band pulls. Side to side, above head and from floor pulls. 2x10 reps

Running:

Warmups:
stretches, 25 (knee) push-ups, 25 sit-ups. Planks: 60 seconds. Back and leg stretches🧘🏼

Run: 4.8 mi, 65:56 minutes ↪️ 🏃⬅️🏡

The old fogies thread is more active than the not so old fogies thread. If only I had the testosterone levels of a not old fogie but with my old fogie knowledge. I'd look like Hercules!
Yeah, I don't know if I qualify as a true fogie being under 50 but the other thread was dead...and to be honest my body is definitely responding to training a lot differently than it did even 4 years ago.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Nursing a pulled or injured small of back, jury is still out on it. Alternating heat and Ice along with Triflex and Ibuprofen. Triflex is a combination of MSM, Glucosamine and Chondroitin. Pulls water from the body into joints, tissues and ligaments and promotes healing.

The wife has been an absolute angel taking the Homedics massager to my smaller back. Also have been in the whirlpool with epsom salt. I’m getting a lot of self therapy and see what happens.

Still trying to keep my routine going though. I skipped Core and pool day Thursday and did Shoulders instead; and worked leg’s today, but did squats, reverse lunges, walking lunges, wide leg squats, calf raises with just body weight, no dumbbells today. I did do quad and hamstring curls on the home bench attachment, but only with 35 pound plates. Tried to keep my back as straight as possible with alot of bending and stooping. I think it is slowly getting better? But again, the jury is still out. It’s a wait & see game now.

Top Bottom