What's new

Okay, who got the "Huge Vintage Gillette Adjustable Safety Razor Display"

Well, it's Official I'm gonna start making useless crap...Put Gillettes name on it...call it "one of a kind" (probably) and list it on Ebay and laugh myself into retirement.:tongue_sm

If you can duplicate that, I am sure there are some people here who will pay you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, not only could you shave your back in one pass with that, you could shave your back in one STROKE.

I admit I wanted that enough to put in a bid. Nowhere near high enough.

I wonder who collects these? I imagine that one sitting next to others like this
attachment.php

in an enormous display case. :laugh:

I admit I wanted that enough to put in a bid. Nowhere near high enough.

I wonder who collects these? I imagine that one sitting next to others like this
attachment.php

in an enormous display case. :laugh:

Amish: what exactly is that razor? I don't think I've ever seen one like it.

I bid on it, but it took off past me in the final 20 seconds or so.
It would have been neat to have, but I didn't lose much sleep over not getting it.
I set my limit and it got away. That's how it goes.
A really neat item. I don't know when another like it will make an appearance.
-- Chet

+1 .....I also bid, but nowhere near enough....life goes on....:biggrin:

I can't find the original thread about it, but rainman has some pics and info about it in this thread.

doh. silly me. Here is the thread specifically about the Alonzo Benn

What a great looking razor. Thanks very much for the links. I wonder if they were ever made in a more normal size.

I am curious about why he designed the razor to permit the head to be angled, was it to allow one to shave under the nose more easily or was it to allow for the razor to be used like a slant, ie. to in effect create a razor that "automatically" could do the Gillette Slide? Given the way it angles in the picture, I suspect it's to allow under the nose shaving.

Last edited:
This is like a demonstration piece for an ancient history lesson that teachers can use in schools.

There was a time, once upon a time, long long ago, when there were companies in the United States that actually made things.

Gillette actually had a machine shop. And they had real machines in the shop. And machinists who knew how to work those machines. And they actually made stuff out of brass and other metals. And all that was actually in the United States...

Perfectly stated!!!!! :thumbup:

Top Bottom