What's new

Ok the first of my safety razor arrived. Now what?

Presuming it wasn't too expensive, maybe use the first as a display piece? Kinda like this?

You said you have a second, nicer one coming? The broken one could accent your den. A tribute.
proxy.php

Well actually it was not clear in the picture but anyway I wouldn't return it because it will be more expensive then refund. Due to shipping.
contact ebay and have them refund you without returning. Show them all the pictures, and screenshot that ebay listing!!! Make a ebay customer support claim for a scam, and force that seller to refund you. Show the one with the chip. If your claim is good enough they will threaten to shut down his page. I worked for ebay for my highschool years.

contact ebay and have them refund you without returning. Show them all the pictures, and screenshot that ebay listing!!! Make a ebay customer support claim for a scam, and force that seller to refund you. Show the one with the chip. If your claim is good enough they will threaten to shut down his page. I worked for ebay for my highschool years.
Well how about shipping fee?? Here is Nightmare.

Presuming it wasn't too expensive, maybe use the first as a display piece? Kinda like this?

You said you have a second, nicer one coming? The broken one could accent your den. A tribute.
proxy.php
Will do the same lik you.. Where did you get that advertisement?

With vintage anything, you win some and you lose some. Just a lesson learned. Next time ask for more detailed pictures. If he's not willing to do so pass.

With vintage anything, you win some and you lose some. Just a lesson learned. Next time ask for more detailed pictures. If he's not willing to do so pass.
Yeah the second one give me the picture carefully and detailed. The price is expensive but worth it. Not like this one.

Will do the same lik you.. Where did you get that advertisement?
I did a Google search for vintage Gillette ads. Because mine is a ball end tech, I chose this one. There are lots and lots out there.

Then I just printed it on a piece of paper and put it in a nice frame. It's not the fanciest, but it came out pretty well for a few dollars and a few minutes time.

Sorry this happened to you. Using the good side of the razor is an option, switching the blade around after each shave. It would be a good way to get started until your other razor arrives.

Sorry this happened to you. Using the good side of the razor is an option, switching the blade around after each shave. It would be a good way to get started until your other razor arrives.
My only worry here is that looks like a zamak head. With a break in it, won't it deteriorate quickly with the application of water. That's why I suggested the display piece option. Put it up with the broke end to the wall and no one will know. [emoji16]

Of course Salty brings up a good question... Do you have something to use in the meantime?

My only worry here is that looks like a zamak head. With a break in it, won't it deteriorate quickly with the application of water. That's why I suggested the display piece option. Put it up with the broke end to the wall and no one will know. [emoji16]

Of course Salty brings up a good question... Do you have something to use in the meantime?
Yeah gonna put it on display. Sadly I was planning to have 2 useable vintage razor. Well now only one useable for sure. Well I just order futur clone which is Qshave to replace the damaged one.

I wonder would another top cap work on that razor? Is it a standard thread? For example, Razorock makes a modern interpretation of the Gillette Tech called the Tech II.

That's a mighty fine looking display there.
Thank you.

The picture was printed from a Google image search, so pennies on the dollar. The frame was like $5 at AC Moore (craft store like Michael's and the like).

All in all, super cheap and spruces up the den nicely. [emoji16]

Top Bottom