What's new

OK priced shaving soap that doesn't dry skin afterwards?

For under $10 CRSW's Schapenmelk Shaving Soap. On a cost per shave a milled soap like Saponificio Varesino wins. Look for soaps with moisturizing ingredients like lanolin, and the butters.

Check out Murphy and McNeil. They offer free shipping for 5.5oz tubs of some of the best soap out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ordered. Thanks for the tip.

Williams, Arko, Palmolive, Cella, Speick, La Toja, Léa, Stirling, Wild West Shaving co, Tabac, Fine, Mitchel’s Wool Fart, Haslinger, Derby and so much others. The list is to long.

Use more water with your Arko!
Personally, I get great after-shave slickness with Arko!!

arko simpson wee scot feather royall musk february 2 2019.jpg

I get a nice face feel afterwards from RazoRock soaps. Simple solution is put on an aftershave balm such as Dove Men's Care, Nivea etc.

Winter is just about over, the cold days I use Nivea face cream in the round blue tin or Cremo moisturizer in the white bottle if I am not using a matching aftershave balm. I also use the above mentioned AS balms in the spring and fall when it is not so cold and dry out. I don't care for balms or moisturizers in the summer because my skin is oily enough then.

Palmolive and Speick are very affordable and feel great for my skin.

Arko has a very high percentage of coconut oil. Coconut soap in high amounts can be drying (some coconut soap is fine for most people, but cocoate is the predominant ingredient in Arko). Cella is high in cocoate, too, but not as high as Arko. Palmolive and Speick do better on this front IMO.

Palmolive and Speick are very affordable and feel great for my skin.

Arko has a very high percentage of coconut oil. Coconut soap in high amounts can be drying (some coconut soap is fine for most people, but cocoate is the predominant ingredient in Arko). Cella is high in cocoate, too, but not as high as Arko. Palmolive and Speick do better on this front IMO.
Oh nice! thanks for explaining the Arko soap drying cause :D will see and try them Palmolive and Speick

Mama Bears artisan soaps moisturize well and are a good value as the pucks are huge. Vitos is another favorite of mine but a bit more costly.

I had the shave stick of Palmolive. My skin felt like there was a film on it afterwards. Certainly didn't feel dry, but the film feeling was odd. Might be with my mixture, I don't know.

I just ordered their cream to try. I needed more option for travel / vacation anyway. [emoji846]

Top Bottom