What's new

Odd, Funny or Remarkable Razor Sales on Ebay

It seems anything NOS if it has a case can reach $200. Here's a set that just sold. Great condition but it doesn't seem to be that notable of a Gillette. Was this a military issue?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unused-Gill...d1BzQ%2B8pGmATzPeSF50%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Any item that describes its contents as "RAZOR comma SAFETY" has to be military issue. They're the only ones that speak backwards like that.

I've often wondered why military issue razors still have the Gillette brand name and logo on them. Any other item would have the OEM name not so apparent. Perhaps it was a marketing ploy by Gillette, they provided the handles at little or no cost to the government, in order to provide a huge consumer base for their blades.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I want to caution members on posting about active auctions, either by link or by description.
This thread has been pretty good about talking only about completed auctions, but some have slipped through.
Just because you don't post a direct link doesn't mean it's ok to talk about an item that is in active bid status.

It's readily apparent that the description alone was enough to allow people to find referenced auctions on eBay.

This is a great thread and I'd rather not have to shut it down because people can't follow the Terms of Use.

I want to caution members on posting about active auctions, either by link or by description.
This thread has been pretty good about talking only about completed auctions, but some have slipped through.
Just because you don't post a direct link doesn't mean it's ok to talk about an item that is in active bid status.

It's readily apparent that the description alone was enough to allow people to find referenced auctions on eBay.

This is a great thread and I'd rather not have to shut it down because people can't follow the Terms of Use.

Thank you for this timely reminder. I was worried about that one too!

it's funny to see how most of you teasing all the auctions finished with high prices... and turning the buyers into ridicule...
i think most of you are just envious, cause you are not able to spend such money...
it's all about supply and demand...

it's funny to see how most of you teasing all the auctions finished with high prices... and turning the buyers into ridicule...
i think most of you are just envious, cause you are not able to spend such money...

I think high prices are good and I want to see a steady healthy inflation in the price of razors. I think everyone benefits when that happens. Also sometimes sellers sell too low too.

Last edited:

Let me guess ... you bought them all ... :lol:

For me it's all about shaving. I have no interest in collecting razors - just using them. I can get a great shave with a razors costing less than $200 so I see no need to blow $700+ on a razor no matter how rare it is. But that's just me. I know there are some guys on here who want to collect all of the razors. The most i ever spent on a razor was a Toggle I bought on eBay for a little over $200.

For me it's all about shaving. I have no interest in collecting razors - just using them.

+1 The most I have spent on a razor was when I bought my new EJ DE89L $40 approx. Id rather hunt down a good deal than spend $100, $200, and more. But everyone is different. I still check eBay once in a while for a good deal

$5XnDJj3.gif

Popcorn Dear is curious too.

For me it's all about shaving. I have no interest in collecting razors - just using them. I can get a great shave with a razors costing less than $200 so I see no need to blow $700+ on a razor no matter how rare it is. But that's just me. I know there are some guys on here who want to collect all of the razors. The most i ever spent on a razor was a Toggle I bought on eBay for a little over $200.
The most I spent was £85 GBP on a Aristocrat #15. It was defective...

I'm just too cheap when it comes to razors. I want to try them all for shaving but I don't want to own a rare razor unless it shaves me well.

This was the best pic I could find, but that follows the principle of the string method for facial hair removal.

$threading-300x300.jpg

I was actually victim of an Algerian barber who did that to me once ... I can tell you, it hurts ... a lot!

Edit: I wasn't being shaved obviously. He just felt like removing a couple extra hairs.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Here is a vintage well made Gibbs Reglable a French adjustable razor from the 30's. If you are a fan of collecting adjustables this may interest you. Just sold for about $120. The deal breaker for me is it uses proprietary blades (but the listing says mod-ing standard DE is not too much of a problem).

View attachment 468582

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRENCH-GIBB...520?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339146ae28

Man, that Zorman guy really likes Okra, doesn't he!

Top Bottom