What's new

OCtober 2020

OCtober 31
Razor:
Gillette New Improved
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Soap: Arko
Brush: Omega boar (the big red)

Closing out OCtober with my 31st OC shave of the month. For this one, I pulled out my favorite equipment. I love the weight, feel and look of the New Improved. Shark Super Stainless is my go-to blade; I picked up a 200 pack from Amazon.ca for only a dollar or two more than a 100 pack. Arko is a good soap for me, and I really like the backbone of boars; of my two Omegas, I prefer the big red one.
2020-10-31 19.16.03.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Outstanding OCtober, fellow shavers!!! I ALWAYS look forward to this month, and you all did not disappoint. My final shave doesn't have it's pic...which sort of highlights how my personal OCtober went: frenetic, frantic, and frenzied. I still have dreams (perhpas delusions) of going through everyone of these postings and creating the same spreadsheet as I did last year. It won't be done anytime soon, but when it is done, we can all relive those wonderful shaves we enjoyed.

My Halloween Shave (aka last day of OCtober) was the RR Hawk V3 OC on a titanium Tradere-style handle (using a Kai Mild Pink blade). This is bar-none my most efficient razor, and I've yet to get anything less than a BBS shave with it. The B&M Hallows soap (and aftershave balm) was just awesome, and I never once wished I could use a different soap. It was my first B&M soap, but it will not be my last. And my orange handled Beehive 28mm Plissoft from RazoRock did an outstanding job for every OCtober shave as well.

Thank you all for sharing your shaves, and I'll let you know when the stats are done...be safe!!!

I’ll add my thanks to Fred @Flintstone65! It seems like this thread really took off this year.

I ended up with 25 OC shaves this month. Five each with the Fatip Piccolo, 1906 Single ring, NEW Long Comb, NEW Short Comb, and thick cap Single Ring. I think the winners for me were the Fatip and the LC, though all did a great job.

Top Bottom