1-22-20.Mistura.FOCS.Vitos.480.JPG

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
OCtober SOTD

Razor: Schöne - Grande Handle
Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3

I think the Fatip 11 tooth open comb is slightly smoother ATG than the Schöne 9 tooth open comb, but both excellent shavers, and I love both.

Have a wonderful day, and stay safe my friends.

20201022_132839_kindlephoto-8837872.jpg

OCtober 22:

5019ED61-E588-4DB8-A227-C4615EFA138C.jpeg

Stirling bay rum pre-oil
Antiga Barbearia etc etc Porto cream
Wild West Brushworks brush
Gillette Goodwill 160 w/Wizamet super iridium
Captains Choice bay rum splash
Plum Island bay rum post-oil :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

Got the water ratio right this morning. Enjoyed the cream and the brush (now that was a surprise) much more. Been theorizing I might like synths better if I try them with creams and stick to bowl lathering. Today’s experience suggests I’m onto something.

Very nice shave all-in-all. All the bay rum scents were nice, and didn’t interfere with the cream scent .... which was more pronounced today since I didn’t over-water it.

Last edited:
702A7D70-A3FF-4C71-BA81-18521848A1E6.jpeg

Razor: Fendrihan Kingston
Blade: Gillette PPI Super Stainless (3)
Brush: EJ BBB
Cream: Erasmic
AS: Brut UK

Dragged out some British products today. The Erasmic is out to be used up. Should take awhile. It’s a notably thick and dense cream for a mass market product; it contains glycerin. Very nice.

Comfortable shave. I think this razor is too mild for me though. It’s not getting much more use after the month is over. I’d rather use my other razors.

Didn’t even feel the Brut when it went on. Which is good, I suppose, not really what I expected. Love the scent.

Fri 23rd OCtober#18 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade Gillette Super Nacet #3
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original
Good lather from the soap. Strong scent and nice slickness.
Shave with razor paired with blade was good...very smooth, comfortable and efficient for 3passes. Skip the usual neck pickup/half-pass to avoid ruining a good shave. Mostly a smooth bbs to dfs result. Super post & aftershave. Rating 9.7/10
20201023_095949.jpg

IMG_0460.JPG

Pre:-
Razor: New Long Comb on Tech handle
Blade: Nacet 2nd use
Brush: Crabtree & Evelyn Super Badger
Soap: Tabac puck
Result: DFS+

I like the grippiness of the Tech handle much more than the original one. The Nacet is smoothing out a little bit so I'm looking forward to the next shave with it.

Top Bottom