What's new

OCtober 2020

OCtober 23 - mid-Morning side-by-side

>Fatip Piccolo nickel
>Fatip Lo Storto Originale (FOCS) chrome

After waiting a few hours for thicker growth, I cracked open two Gillette Silver Blue blades. They will help calibrate the next few side-by-side shaves while I am in close proximity to the Shave Silo.

>BOSC Special Reserve Citrus Lavender Wood - described as containing "only a small amount of menthol". Right.
>Vulfix 6 short and scrubby boar
37613303-6980-429D-B6D1-F67BCA4F61AD.jpeg

Smooth sailing. Most excellent, chilly lather. The only comparison I'll post: the Piccolo handle rules! Twisted handle? Well, it's flashy and an excellent barber pole replica.

After removing the last nanometer of stubble last night, I was careful to do NO TOUCHUP. I want to answer the Slant Question before bed. Heck, I will Wantonly Destroy the Slant Question!

Sat 24 OCtober#19 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment DE la Vie
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Gillette 1920 Single Ring
Blade Tatra Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Really enjoyed this soap. Love the scent and lather performance is good too.
Shave with the razor paired with this blade was excellent. Not many blades can pair well with the razor. The Tatra is one of my top blade! Sharpish yet smooth and comfortable for 3passes without issues. Mostly bbs to dfs. With excellent post & aftershave...
Rating 9.8/10
20201024_132018.jpg

Razor: Gillette Heritage
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20201023_081301.jpg

OCtober 24 - a full two pass and touch up shave!

sTCOT the slantified Thick Cap Old Type/fat Tech handle
versus
the not yet Wantonly Destroyed sibling on the fabled 'slightly cracked' ball end handle. I'm slightly cracked myself, so I can sympathize.

Gillette Silver Blue (2) in each
@SliceOfLife Williams tribute puck. Hey this stuff is really good. Puck lathered with a Semogue 1250 in additional tribute to days gone by. Lather additionally wetted with an Omega 10065 boar that I can report is still not broken in!
6C301DA0-70FB-438A-96EF-6D649185434C.jpeg

Slantified = smoother

If King C had invented slantification, he would have been elevated to Emperor C. Gillette. Plus, Gillette might not have had to cook the books or fight losing patent battles. And Gaisman, Duke of AutoStrop, would not have seized the throne.

Enjoy your weekend, gentleman. Raise high the banner of OC! I'm off to defend the northern marches from the Scotch (Broom, that is).

OCtober 24 - Gillette NEW Long Comb

Keeping the NEW LC streak going with an evening shave. Had a great two pass (WTG, XTG) shave.

Prep: Hot Shower
OC: Gillette NEW LC
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock yellow (1)
Soap: Geo F Trumper- GFT cream
Brush: Simpson Major Super
After: Cold water
005F7B29-096D-42BE-BD42-4820E39F3B6A.jpeg

OCtober 24
Razor:
Leresche
Blade: Gillette (yellow)
Soap: Mitchells Wool Fat (MWF)
Brush: Omega boar (big red)

A sharp blade paired with a mild razor. This was my 3rd or 4th shave with this blade, and it was the best so far. I suspect that the blade has dulled somewhat which suits me just fine. And I'm still trying to calibrate how much water to use with the MWF.

2020-10-24 13.17.46.jpg

Top Bottom