What's new

Occasional Electric Shave?

Already received Amazon answer! (because italy to italy usually takes a very short time, usually within a working day since they have a distribution center here in Rome) They basically offered (as expected) either a replacement or a full refund as an amazon gift. I opted for a refund. Because i'm basically tired (and VERY upset) of electrc appliances stopping working. The old braun stopped working because of a battery failure, too. Now i'm switching back to manual razors since i want to be in control of the lastingness of my razor(s).

Already received Amazon answer! (because italy to italy usually takes a very short time, usually within a working day since they have a distribution center here in Rome) They basically offered (as expected) either a replacement or a full refund as an amazon gift. I opted for a refund. Because i'm basically tired (and VERY upset) of electrc appliances stopping working. The old braun stopped working because of a battery failure, too. Now i'm switching back to manual razors since i want to be in control of the lastingness of my razor(s).

I can definitely understand why you would feel that way and I am happy that was resolved so quickly for you.

I moved away from electrics due to the amount of razor burn I encountered, which felt much worse in the summer. There's no way I can see that I ever would return to an electric razor and I've tried too many of them and experienced the same results with all of them.

Hello!

I would like your opinion on this one:

Generally I shave daily, as I like the clean shaven look. I usually shave using my Edwin Jagger DE89 or Merkur 39c (once in a while) and get really good shaves. However, lately, I do not have the time or the mood to shave with my safety razors every single day, so I bought a Panasonic Arc 5, just for those days, in order to keep being clean shaven.

Anyway, Panasonic arrived today, but I have not yet opened the package (in case I decided to return it), as I had a thought about whether using an electric razor once in a while, will affect the way my skin has become used to shaving with DE razors. In other words, do you have any idea or experience on whether occasional electric shaving affects the quality/comfort of the DE razor shaves (or vice versa)?

Thank you in advance!
This is something I do routinely to stretch a straight razor shave from a two day shave to a 3 day shave. Foil and Rotary electrics do cut differently. Rotary's work better on long hair, while foil shavers work best on very very short growth. Sometimes I use the foil electric to clean up between my nose and my mustache (pencil mustache) as I am still too chicken to do the "fools pass" with a SR.

As far as using an electric to do a full shave they are inferior to a blade, especially as SR in terms of comfort. I can not get a really close shave with an electric without some degree of razor burn. Moreover, the Norelco's that have the "lift and cut" system (the cheap twin head Norelco's do not) result in ingrown hairs. Not as bad as a Trac II but still.....

Top Bottom