What's new

Occam’s Razor SS DE version from Classic Shaving...

Thanks! But could you please elaborate on why did you write this?
My lack of love for the ridged top cap is it aesthetic only. It didn't affect the shave negatively in any way, I just think it makes the razor look odd. As far as its use, as one angles the razor against the shaving plane, the ridge is that upper limit. It prevents one from using too shallow an angle with the razor. It's like having training wheels on a bicycle. I hope that helps.

Made a short detour from Artist Club August just to test-run this set. It's going to be a gift, but first I needed to know if it's any good. So the head+RR Halo handle+Treet Platinum is a combo that shall go into a gift box. The bits of software are my "usual suspects" for testing new gear.
I went with the "windowed" baseplate as more appealing. Unfortunately, only ridged caps were available. But it proved to be a non-issue.
sotd_05082020.jpg

Bottom line: it is a very good razor. And I'm happy that it will be a good present.
Very smooth albeit effective shaver. BBS in two passes. But do not relax: I was a little distracted and got two tiny dots.
The blade is almost not felt on the skin. It goes against the growth confidently, without unnecessary vibrations and stumbles. The range of working angles is quite broad.
The quality of manufacture is acceptable. Geometrically everything is precise, the blade is installed in place without any problems and is firmly fixed.
The coating is a weird "semi-matte", giving the impression of an unfinished (pun intended) job. The bottom of the plate would benefit from a recession to accommodate the handle (similar to Mühle). However, a plastic washer solves this problem.

Price-wise it is currently the best offer for a SS head on the market.

Made a short detour from Artist Club August just to test-run this set. It's going to be a gift, but first I needed to know if it's any good. So the head+RR Halo handle+Treet Platinum is a combo that shall go into a gift box. The bits of software are my "usual suspects" for testing new gear.
I went with the "windowed" baseplate as more appealing. Unfortunately, only ridged caps were available. But it proved to be a non-issue.
View attachment 1135639
Bottom line: it is a very good razor. And I'm happy that it will be a good present.
Very smooth albeit effective shaver. BBS in two passes. But do not relax: I was a little distracted and got two tiny dots.
The blade is almost not felt on the skin. It goes against the growth confidently, without unnecessary vibrations and stumbles. The range of working angles is quite broad.
The quality of manufacture is acceptable. Geometrically everything is precise, the blade is installed in place without any problems and is firmly fixed.
The coating is a weird "semi-matte", giving the impression of an unfinished (pun intended) job. The bottom of the plate would benefit from a recession to accommodate the handle (similar to Mühle). However, a plastic washer solves this problem.

Price-wise it is currently the best offer for a SS head on the market.

Agreed. Who ever receives this gifted razor will attain an excellent razor in price point, quality and performance. Well done...
:thumbup1:

Went to the Classic Shaving website and they only have the Ridgeline cap and partial open comb baseplate available. Since I have a few spare handles I decided to buy it. $23 on sale + 20% discount. I figured ther's not much to loose if it doesn't work for me.

I just checked the auction website and there is one incomplete set of this razor with the two OC base plates, ridged cap and handle. I will wait for the full set when it is available again.

I have sent them two emails asking them when they expected a to have these in stock again, perhaps three weeks ago, and never received a reply.

I am also interest about the whole set of Occam's safety razor, also email to ask is there any plan for them to in stock.
Also, got no reply.... :(

"Out of stock" is a common problem on many things these days. I really like my Occam's SB, so much I would like to get another SB plate when they are back in stock.

I have sent them two emails asking them when they expected a to have these in stock again, perhaps three weeks ago, and never received a reply.

Well I ordered the cap and baseplate on 8/6/20 and got an email thanking me for the order. Since then nothing. I emailed them yesterday morning requesting an update but no response yet.

Well I ordered the cap and baseplate on 8/6/20 and got an email thanking me for the order. Since then nothing. I emailed them yesterday morning requesting an update but no response yet.
I never got emails back from them but if you go on their site during their operating hours there is a live chat. That’s the best way to communicate with them.

A true pleasure to shave with the Occam’s DE this morning. A highly underrated shaver that might not have the looks nor the name of the Big Boys in the premium alloy wet shave world but, make no mistake about it as this razor shaves extremely well for the low price point and quality make up. This razor gives some excellent shaves and tells one you don’t have to spend big bucks in an exotic alloy to get a great shave. I know it’s currently not available in the complete set with varying base plates & top caps and I was fortunate enough to catch a set when they were first released. Honestly it has been one of the best surprises in my purchases for wet shave gear in the past couple of years. Excellent bang for your buck product and I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this product to any wet shave enthusiast from newb to vet. Hopefully, it will become available as a set in the near future.....

106757B6-759D-4F1B-938D-4DEE9F15B9D0.jpeg

Top Bottom