What's new

Occam’s Razor SS DE version from Classic Shaving...

Sad if it's permanently out of stock. I had a marvelous BBS shave today using the standard open comb and found cap. I was even able to get the occipital fat fold smooth.

A really nice shave this morning from this piece of kit. Used the hybrid open comb plate (slight similarity to an eclipse red ring) which is the more aggressive of the 3 plates though, not overly so. Just good enough to let you know what it's doing on every stroke and if one gets lazy it can nic you. But, a very impressive and well put together kit from Classic Shaving. I've had if for over 2 years and not a single bad shave from it. It might be made overseas but, the quality make up is exceptional with all Stainless Steel construction and excellent fitment of the components. At that time, I picked it up for an astoundingly low price of $55 when first released. And I can say with no reservation that the complete kit, if it were available on their site today, it's easily worth twice the price.

They produced a quality shaver that covers smooth and mild to effectively efficient yet easy on the skin. Still in my den with razors costing 4-5 times as much. Solid performer, plain & simple.

Great shaves to all....
20220109_072847.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
A really nice shave this morning from this piece of kit. Used the hybrid open comb plate (slight similarity to an eclipse red ring) which is the more aggressive of the 3 plates though, not overly so. Just good enough to let you know what it's doing on every stroke and if one gets lazy it can nic you. But, a very impressive and well put together kit from Classic Shaving. I've had if for over 2 years and not a single bad shave from it. It might be made overseas but, the quality make up is exceptional with all Stainless Steel construction and excellent fitment of the components. At that time, I picked it up for an astoundingly low price of $55 when first released. And I can say with no reservation that the complete kit, if it were available on their site today, it's easily worth twice the price.

They produced a quality shaver that covers smooth and mild to effectively efficient yet easy on the skin. Still in my den with razors costing 4-5 times as much. Solid performer, plain & simple.

Great shaves to all....
View attachment 1391081
A very good razor and a very good value. It's a shame that they've not done additional runs of this razor.

Shaving with mine this week, standard OC on Monday then SB the remainder of the week. It's a shame it's no longer being made.

Big shame. It's a very nice shaver.
I bought both caps and both OC plates as parts, but the SB plate eluded me.

Big shame. It's a very nice shaver.
I bought both caps and both OC plates as parts, but the SB plate eluded me.
The OC plates I think are superior to the SB, if that's any consolation. I've not found a great love for the peaked top cap either.

The OC plates I think are superior to the SB, if that's any consolation. I've not found a great love for the peaked top cap either.

Thanks for the consolation regarding the plates.
For me, both caps work out the same. Different looks allow me to easily keep track during A/B blade comparisons.
Good SS handles are common, but that plate.....

The complete set looks like a bargain in retrospect, but I didn't see it until it was discontinued.

Isn't this the real Occam's Razor??
The principle was, in fact, invoked before Ockham by Durandus of Saint-Pourçain, a French Dominican theologian and philosopher of dubious orthodoxy, who used it to explain that abstraction is the apprehension of some real entity, such as an Aristotelian cognitive species, an active intellect, or a disposition, all of which he spurned as unnecessary. Likewise, in science, Nicole d’Oresme, a 14th-century French physicist, invoked the law of economy, as did Galileo later, in defending the simplest hypothesis of the heavens. Other later scientists stated similar simplifying laws and principles.

Ockham, however, mentioned the principle so frequently and employed it so sharply that it was called “Occam’s razor” (also spelled Ockham’s razor). He used it, for instance, to dispense with relations, which he held to be nothing distinct from their foundation in things; with efficient causality, which he tended to view merely as regular succession; with motion, which is merely the reappearance of a thing in a different place; with psychological powers distinct for each mode of sense; and with the presence of ideas in the mind of the Creator, which are merely the creatures themselves.

This Razor must be the new Occam's Razor ;)

Isn't this the real Occam's Razor??
The principle was, in fact, invoked before Ockham by Durandus of Saint-Pourçain, a French Dominican theologian and philosopher of dubious orthodoxy, who used it to explain that abstraction is the apprehension of some real entity, such as an Aristotelian cognitive species, an active intellect, or a disposition, all of which he spurned as unnecessary. Likewise, in science, Nicole d’Oresme, a 14th-century French physicist, invoked the law of economy, as did Galileo later, in defending the simplest hypothesis of the heavens. Other later scientists stated similar simplifying laws and principles.

Ockham, however, mentioned the principle so frequently and employed it so sharply that it was called “Occam’s razor” (also spelled Ockham’s razor). He used it, for instance, to dispense with relations, which he held to be nothing distinct from their foundation in things; with efficient causality, which he tended to view merely as regular succession; with motion, which is merely the reappearance of a thing in a different place; with psychological powers distinct for each mode of sense; and with the presence of ideas in the mind of the Creator, which are merely the creatures themselves.

This Razor must be the new Occam's Razor ;)
o_O

They have been out of stock for a year or more but still listed on the site last I checked. Makes me believe at some point they will be available again. I have the SB and would like another at some point.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Well my original de89 broke, and I was going to buy the Occam razor but is sold out, is there any de89 stainless clone out there ?
The occams de is a very near copy of the de89 but in stainless. I had the kit with the three baseplates and it was a really good razor. Each plate was a bit more efficient than the next. And all were a bit more efficient than a de89. Maybe look for a used set. I passed mine along on the bst already.

Top Bottom