What's new

Occam’s Razor SS DE version from Classic Shaving...

I’ll make this as short and sweet as possible, Gents. As I stated a couple of days ago, I needed to try out the straight bar plate on the Occam’s SS DE. The first two were a nice surprise in terms of efficiency and relative smoothness to each particular plate. I performed my usual 3 pass shave with the sb plate plus a quick buff job on the chin and Sir Adam. Two tiny weepers on the chin and one at the Apple as I was pressed for time as the Misses and I are going out tonight for some some fine wine & dine. Anyways, the razor with this particular plate was very smooth and easy on the skin. If you want to say mild, ok I won’t argue with you on it but, it did exhibit a deceptively efficient cutting action that reminded me somewhat of a Karve with a C sb plate. Yes, I know. Many consider that plate to be on the milder side but, as a daily it’s a real good and comfortable combo. I think I’d say the same thing with the Occam’s DE and it’s sb plate. This combo would be a very nice daily for those that just want a quick morning shave with no fuss or muss. It delivered a damn good DFS and only left a couple of stragglers around the Apple (most of my razors have a tough time there) and a straggler or two at the jawline right under both sides of my ears. Still was a really good and comfy shave. I need to put some more time in with the plates and just fiddle a bit more with it but, I’m very impressed with it’s make, design and quality of finish. It gives a little bit of everything with all the base plates from nicely mild to quite efficient. And for the $$$ it’s a really good deal. Fitment is precise with a handle that is second to none in terms of the grip that it offers with knurling that’s just about perfect. I haven’t tried the top cap with the ridge down the middle as of yet and I’ll probably get a shave or two in with it just to see if it does aide with ones angle and technique. I like it and is a real alternative for those looking for a quality made safety razor set for well under $100. Mr. Webster & Classic Shaving promised a solid and affordable razor. They certainly delivered it here...

467F6343-76DD-4729-A7EB-2C2E286940FA.jpeg

*On a side note. For the fragrance connoisseur (s) out there, the Guerlain L’Homme Ideal L’Intense Eau de Parfum is a fantastic fragrance. Dark, masculine, with a semi-sweet almond & smoke vibe oriental/spiceness that is pure heaven. A pure throwback with a pinch of modern perfumery thrown in. The best in the Ideal line up. Perfect for the colder climate and a night out. Highly recommend it........

6FF0BD56-1558-4212-9784-88DF22FEFE36.jpeg

I’ll make this as short and sweet as possible, Gents. As I stated a couple of days ago, I needed to try out the straight bar plate on the Occam’s SS DE. The first two were a nice surprise in terms of efficiency and relative smoothness to each particular plate. I performed my usual 3 pass shave with the sb plate plus a quick buff job on the chin and Sir Adam. Two tiny weepers on the chin and one at the Apple as I was pressed for time as the Misses and I are going out tonight for some some fine wine & dine. Anyways, the razor with this particular plate was very smooth and easy on the skin. If you want to say mild, ok I won’t argue with you on it but, it did exhibit a deceptively efficient cutting action that reminded me somewhat of a Karve with a C sb plate. Yes, I know. Many consider that plate to be on the milder side but, as a daily it’s a real good and comfortable combo. I think I’d say the same thing with the Occam’s DE and it’s sb plate. This combo would be a very nice daily for those that just want a quick morning shave with no fuss or muss. It delivered a damn good DFS and only left a couple of stragglers around the Apple (most of my razors have a tough time there) and a straggler or two at the jawline right under both sides of my ears. Still was a really good and comfy shave. I need to put some more time in with the plates and just fiddle a bit more with it but, I’m very impressed with it’s make, design and quality of finish. It gives a little bit of everything with all the base plates from nicely mild to quite efficient. And for the $$$ it’s a really good deal. Fitment is precise with a handle that is second to none in terms of the grip that it offers with knurling that’s just about perfect. I haven’t tried the top cap with the ridge down the middle as of yet and I’ll probably get a shave or two in with it just to see if it does aide with ones angle and technique. I like it and is a real alternative for those looking for a quality made safety razor set for well under $100. Mr. Webster & Classic Shaving promised a solid and affordable razor. They certainly delivered it here...

View attachment 1037414

*On a side note. For the fragrance connoisseur (s) out there, the Guerlain L’Homme Ideal L’Intense Eau de Parfum is a fantastic fragrance. Dark, masculine, with a semi-sweet almond & smoke vibe oriental/spiceness that is pure heaven. A pure throwback with a pinch of modern perfumery thrown in. The best in the Ideal line up. Perfect for the colder climate and a night out. Highly recommend it........

View attachment 1037413
Thanks for the detailed review
Hopefully someone with Karve SB-B will try it and report his findings

I have never used a Karve but have used a lot of razors through all spectrums of aggression. I got the 20 percent off coupon and ordered the whole set last ight and will report back when I get a chance to use it

I ordered the set of 3 base plates last night also. I only bought the smooth top plate. Other than looks, I don’t see the need for both, but for the extra couple dollars, maybe it would have been nice to get the complete set. I’m looking for something in between a .68 Timeless and .84 Game Changer. It sounds like the middle base plate might fit the bill.

Last edited:
I have never used a Karve but have used a lot of razors through all spectrums of aggression. I got the 20 percent off coupon and ordered the whole set last ight and will report back when I get a chance to use it

I ordered the set of 3 base plates last night also. I only bought the smooth top plate. Other than looks, I don’t see the need for both, but for the extra couple dollars, maybe it would have been nice to get the complete set. I’m looking for something in between a .68 Timeless and .84 Game Changer. It sounds like the middle base plate might fit the bill.

Yeah, just ordered myself with the whole shebang except the pack of blades.

Congrats Gents. It will be a nice pleasant surprise on it's shaving prowess. Those hybrid oc plates are quite efficient.....

I was only able to get a 10% discount, but ordered anyway for $58 still a great value for two top plates and three baseplates (that one looks like an Eclipse style comb).

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I just got mine. Not impressed with the finish, but for the money it's a pretty killer setup. It a bit dull and splotchy looking. The fit looks really good. And the handle is very nice looking. I will start with the hybrid plate with the largest holes and go down from there. Looking forward to it.

Mine shipped but not supposed to be here until Friday. Unfortunately I work on Friday so have to shave that morning. Probably won't use until Sunday or Monday.....but will definitely check back in when I do. A little nervous about the above poster not being real happy with the finish, but for the price I'm not hoping for a while lot, so we will see.

For the price I feel it's a bargain. Three base plates and two top plates means I'm getting 6 razors for about $10 each.

For the price I feel it's a bargain. Three base plates and two top plates means I'm getting 6 razors for about $10 each.
SHHHHH! Someone will hear you and screw it up some how. If things are going well, just relax, thank God, smile, and remain silent. There's always someone out there that can't stand things going right for others. They'll find a way.

SHHHHH! Someone will hear you and screw it up some how. If things are going well, just relax, thank God, smile, and remain silent. There's always someone out there that can't stand things going right for others. They'll find a way.

LOL!! You ain't lying!! :lol::lol::lol:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Had my first shave with the Occam DE today. It was quite epic. First of all, as I cracked open my The Holy Black Ramone's Gin Fizz, I had Alexa turn on Pandora, and Yes's "Awaken" was the first song to come on. That was a really good start! I used the plate with the biggest holes, which seems to be the most aggressive one. I threw in a new Polsilver and gave it a go. The first WTG pass was so incredibly smooth and efficient. The first pass was so effective that I could have stopped shaving right then, and has a socially acceptable shave. The second XTG pass was a bit rougher, but certainly not excessively so. It left me one weeper... not a big deal. But after that second pass, I had a full blown DFS and could have stopped. But you know how that goes. I went for the ATG 3rd pass, and surprisingly it was quite smooth. Smoother than the 2nd pass. No additional weepers. No issues. No touchups. I had a near-BBS, having discovered a little slightly scratchy patch at the trouble spot under my chin, only after the cold water rinse. Otherwise my face was baby smooth. There was a bit of burn when i hit my face with the splash. But that is not terribly abnormal for me anyway. I am quite pleased with the results. Excellent razor. Perfect alignment of the blade. Smooth and efficient. Great fitment between cap, base and handle. Only complaint is that the finish is kind of meh. Dull and splotchy. There also a couple of little blems on the top cap. But its really okay for this crazy cheap price point. And that there are no specs on this razor. Its a guessing game which plate is what efficiency/aggressiveness, etc. I dont even know the order of the aggressiveness of the three plates. But all in all, this was a great shave, and so far this is a really great razor! I will use what I assume is the middle plate next. Enjoy the shaves!

Link to razor and website to buy it??

Here is the link:

To get an additional 20% off the sale price sign up by giving them your email in that chat box lower right of screen and you will be sent a 20% off discount code to apply in the checkout process.

That discount on top of the already low sales price makes for a great deal!

Top Bottom