What's new

Obsolete TV shows

Loved this show when I was a kid....Ahead of it's time....Great theme music too!....(don't tell anyone I bought the DVD a while back)

Sorry no links, but I do have some that I remember watching in reruns with my Grandmother:

Charlie Chan
Cisco Kid
The Green Hornet
Outer Limits

And one I watched on PBS when I was a youngster, without the knowledge of my parents..:biggrin: The Kenny Everett Video Show

Gentlemen,before we forget-the series that was first in getting parents up in arms over tv programming: Dark Shadows! My boy Barnabas Collins was too cool.:cool:

marty

Marty I swear we were born in adjacent rooms or something. First you have the great Thundarr references, then you post about the first bad boy soap there was. This was my grandmother's favourite. Barnabas didn't even make an appearance till the second year of the series. I wouldn't mind seeing an episode or two of this old classic.

Man that brought back some memories...Barbara Bain looked so damn wooden in that opening. BTW Erin Grey was just HOT back in the day, but I think the sexiest heroine is....

That's a BIG +1. Lynda Carter was one of the most beautiful women to ever grace the screen. Period. I think all teenage boys of the 70's had a crush on her.

I used to watch Chuck Conners every Saturday with my dad. He loved "The Rifleman". I still do too.

Starz

Chuck Conners shaving!!! Is that cool or what?!?!!?

proxy.php

Oh yeah! Chuck Conners. One of my all time favourite actors. 6'6" of lean mean fighting machine. BTW, since no took a guess, the Janos Skorzeny character that I referenced in my first post was from the short lived series "Werewolf". Lance LeGault and Chuck Connors owned that one.

The Rat Patrol

Raf

I thought I was the only one to remember the RAT PATROL! Christopher George was a real arse kicker in that one.

Loved this show when I was a kid....Ahead of it's time....Great theme music too!....(don't tell anyone I bought the DVD a while back)

Bow. Listen up now cause I'm whispering real quietly; I bought it too. This show was indeed way ahead of its time. It was a prime time cartoon like the Flinstones or the Simpsons. Except on steroids. I would have given anything to be Jonny Quest.

Man, these are all great shows that bring back tons of memories. Thanks fellas.

Regards, Todd

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I loved Johnny Quest, too (who could forget Haji saying "seem seem salabeem"?), but if you're talking about theme songs, there's only one........

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTiRjPtF8zA[/YOUTUBE]

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I was also a sucker for Astro Boy.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2y4zr_AUAg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

M

modern man

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXB4wvqCPBU[/YOUTUBE]

77 Sunset Strip- Efrem Zimbalist, Roger Moore [Mr. Ann-Margret], Connie Stevens and Edd Byrnes [Kookie, Kookie, Lend me your comb]

Mannix- P.I. hid his pistol in the small of back which no one ever noticed

All in the Family - a satire way before its time. ~~those were the days~~
Soap
Bizzare (early Showtime variety show)
SCTV
Moonlighting!

Not to pee on your battery too much, but the original series was in black & white with William Hartnell as "the Doctor". Then 2 regenerations as Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee later Tom Baker (illustrated) arrived.

Jon Pertwee used to scare me more than the Daleks lol

Absolutely right! I just liked the picture of Tom Baker.

From the man that brought you Lost in Space, The Poseidon Adventure, The Towering Inferno and When Time Ran Out...Irwin Allen's Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1964-68) DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!

Every week the Sea View would get tossed around by explosions or ridiculous sea monsters. The crew would bounce off the instrument panels, while the instrument panels were shooting flame, sparks and smoke with the occasional gush of water from a pipe. After a minute or two the sub would get away from whatever was tossing it about, the flames, sparks and smoke would stop and the crew would straighten its ties as if nothing had happened.

They just don't make TV like that anymore.

Secret City with Commander Mark.

Kept me drawing as a kid. Still drawing today, working as a graphic designer, still in love with colors and shapes.

Thanks to Commander Mark and my Art teacher through school, Mr. McKenzie.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Igf5O6Bfg[/youtube]

Top Bottom