What's new

Obsolete TV shows

Gentlemen,before we forget-the series that was first in getting parents up in arms over tv programming: Dark Shadows! My boy Barnabas Collins was too cool.:cool:

marty

Space 1999 and Buck Rogers get regular re-runs on UK cable channels. The intro to Space 1999 is a crackin' piece of music.

My favourite show that has never been repeated in the UK was 'The Tripods'. Until recently the BBC series of 'The Day of The Triffids'. Actually 'Chocky' was quite good too - John Wyndam again I think.

The original Doctor Who series,
proxy.php

Not to pee on your battery too much, but the original series was in black & white with William Hartnell as "the Doctor". Then 2 regenerations as Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee later Tom Baker (illustrated) arrived.

Jon Pertwee used to scare me more than the Daleks lol

Not to pee on your battery too much, but the original series was in black & white with William Hartnell as "the Doctor". Then 2 regenerations as Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee later Tom Baker (illustrated arrived).

Jon Pertwee used to scare me more than the Daleks lol
And there were the two movies with Peter Cushing as the good Doctor which was my first exposure to him. I'm hoping that the current series would bring back Paul McGann for a two parter! Sorry for the thread takeover - I'm such a geek...now back to your regular programming.

I forgot how the theme for this show went, so I had to listen to it on youtube. Here it is for those that are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DF9nDJZrdA

I loved this show as a kid. I had the laser pistol and 2 Eagles. In fact I had a lot of those Dinky toys; Joe 90 car, SPV from Captain Scarlet, Interceptor and SHADO Tank from UFO, Thunderbird 2, Starship Enterprise, Klingon Battlecruiser, The Liberty from Blakes 7, Buck Rogers Starfighter... not counting the original Star Wars toys or tanks and planes. Ah happy days. Sorry getting a little O/T there. :redface:

Probably worth a few quid now if I still had them.

I loved this show as a kid. I had the laser pistol and 2 Eagles. In fact I had a lot of those Dinky toys; Joe 90 car, SPV from Captain Scarlet, Interceptor and SHADO Tank from UFO, Thunderbird 2, Starship Enterprise, Klingon Battlecruiser, The Liberty from Blakes 7, Buck Rogers Starfighter... not counting the original Star Wars toys or tanks and planes. Ah happy days. Sorry getting a little O/T there. :redface:

Probably worth a few quid now if I still had them.

My mate used to have all that stuff and I was so jealous. Some of the shows like Thunderbirds and Joe 90 I hated, but the toys were fantastic.

My mate used to have all that stuff and I was so jealous. Some of the shows like Thunderbirds and Joe 90 I hated, but the toys were fantastic.

A few years ago I was at a Toys & Movie exhibition in the SECC in Glasgow. I had been at the Edinburgh Festival and by sheer co-incidence this was on when I was travelling home. I called in and was just amazed at what was available. It was great seeing all the old stuff that I'd had as a kid.

Now I buy toys like this for my kids - no, honestly they're for the boys. :001_smile

Whoops, rambling again...:redface:

Anyone remember Salvage 1?
There was movie then a very short lived tv series.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HODkJABWo08[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone remember Salvage 1?
There was movie then a very short lived tv series.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HODkJABWo08[/YOUTUBE]

I actually remember watching this one. I liked it, but then again, I was 8.

Linda Carter, who didn't like her?

I used to watch Chuck Conners every Saturday with my dad. He loved "The Rifleman". I still do too.

Starz

Chuck Conners shaving!!! Is that cool or what?!?!!?

proxy.php

Top Bottom