What's new

*Obama gets Noble prize

Did Obama deserve the Nobel prize?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I won't even dignify it with a vote. Debated about even putting in this post and might just delete it! (If Jim doesn't get to it first.)

I'm sorry but this just makes it seem like they're passesd out like flyers now. IMO I don't think he did anything to deserve one. How about you guys/gals

Year after year, the Nobel becomes more insignificant. In this case, It was essentially awarded for plans and intentions. This is not right, no matter what your political persuasion may be.

President Obama won the award because of what he spoke of on his campaign and the inspiration that the committee hopes to see him continue with. He has not done anything major yet but the committees hopes are that he will and this is just encouragement. He's just as suprised as we are. So I say let him win and take a break from the bad debates. I hope the peace prize will be used to find peace in our own Congress. That should garner another award when he gets that to happen.

I like Obama but it's too soon for him to merit such a prize. He hasn't had the time to fulfill in the minimum basis the expectations his election raised worldwide, politically as diplomatically.

But what has he exactly accomplished? Now he's on a list with Carter and Gore....which speaks volumes about what this "award" has become!

Then anot meeting with the dalai lama. What kind a "peace" does that show? Guess he doesn't care about tibets problems which in my view other countries have much worse problems than us but does the gov't want to view it that way? No not really.

should actually give it to Michelle for her sacrifice of her time in her Chicago Olympic quest
lmao..

When an award is given for a specific purpose and then a deviation is made to accomodate an individual instead of the actual purpose of the award, the credibility of the award, in this case the Nobel Peace Prize, is diminished. It would be like giving the olympic gold medal to the person who talked the most about winning instead of the actual winner.

According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize should be awarded "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."

I always though you got this prize not long before dieing for things you did durring your life, so that the reprecussions of your actions were taken into account before recieving the award, but i dont know much about the winners, so now i have some research to do.
, ,, ,, ,,, ,, ,, ,,, ,, ,,,, ,, , ,,, , , ,
I will come back 16 years from now and answer the Poll LOL!

Last edited:
Top Bottom