What's new

NYC and Pasteurs

Any other members signed up to go to the NYC Wetshavers meet up this Saturday? Going to be fun with sausages and beer at the German restaurant with a fun gathering at Pasteurs afterwards I'm told! :biggrin1:

Well, event was great and better than I expected! I was going to skip with a slipped disc, but with steroids, Advil and stubbornness I escaped New Jersey and wandered into NYC. (Shout out to Peter C. and David and all for doing such a great event!) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup1:

1) Meet up was at a German beer hall. Sausage, wings and beer! :a8:
20180303_152119.jpg

2) A great PIF table chock full of goodies to give & take!
(Doesn't include the sweet bag of samples everyone gets.) :arf:
20180303_144537.jpg

3) A fun raffle in which many great prizes handed out!
(Soaps, creams, balms, a straight razor, brushes, etc.) :w00t: :w00t:
20180303_152359.jpg

Interesting fact: the gentleman seated under the lamp to the right of the young lady actually
has a soap crafted in his honor. It is named "OI VEY!"

After the raffle, folks started heading just a short walk over to some place most know quite well.

4) Time to wander to a familiar landmark - the Empire State Building.
(Built solely to remind wet-shavers that you are mere yards from one of the greatest known
shaving temples on Earth.) :excl:
20180303_155151.jpg

5) Arrival and the wallet starts shivering in my pocket.
20180303_155459.jpg

6) Inside was packed wall to wall with shaving comrades. Courtesy cold beer and rum for all. Sniffing, yakking it up, drinking, getting great discounts and Girl Scout cookies were to be had. (The cookies were [expletive deleted] genius - they soothed the savage wife when she saw the haul I brought home.)
20180303_161144.jpg

I was so excited I only managed to take one photo - when it wasn't yet fully packed. The gentleman holding a beer in front of the pricey area is David who I met a few weeks back and invited me. Great guy and great group of folks! (Right after this photo was taken, we sniffed some Violet cream and then we swarmed the new Proraso products.) :ihih::laugh:

7) I made it out a bit early, because I just kept buying! Below is my haul.
20180303_220327.jpg

Some PIF, one a prize from the raffle, some samples from the goodie bag, and the rest helping to pay Pasteur's rent!

Looking forward to the next gathering of the NYC Wetshavers. (Summer time I believe.) I would strongly recommend that anyone that can make it do so. It is a lot of fun to gather and talk the hobby with some really nice folks. The bonus of beer, food, goodies, prizes and a PIF table only adds to the excite before blowing your retirement on products at Pasteur's. :thumbsup:

-Justin (aka Snurgblat)

That might be the only brush that lathers and cleans itself... and then puts itself back in the cabinet...

That might be the only brush that lathers and cleans itself... and then puts itself back in the cabinet...

They have yet to invent a synthetic brush that does that. That's why I prefer natural. :) Guess this would be considered "boar".

Top Bottom