What's new

Not Powerball, but almost - a Double Ring Litho'd Tin!

Today's mail call brought Saturday's score on d'bay - a Double Ring Lithographed Tin! I've seen the attention these little gems can command at auction, so I never thought I'd ever see one in my den, but like the Lottery folks say "you can't win if you don't buy a ticket" - so I bid on the latest one to come up. Imagine my surprise...

She's showing her age with significant rust, but I hope we can all say we look this good at 113:
$100_2161.jpg

This second picture looks very much like the case that displayed Achim's recent "PAT. AP. FOR" Double Ring highlighted in this thread (notice the split in the upper right corner of the lid, and the scars in the felt along the back left edge). It looks like the previous owner might have split the set.
$100_2162.jpg
$100_2163.jpg

So, what is the best method to stabilize additional rust formation besides just ensuring it stays in a dry environment? And what would be a good adhesive to re-bond the felt lining to the tin case, that wouldn't bleed through and stain the felt?

Congrats Dan. That is one sweet tin. Now to find the remaining pieces. The red felt liner and instruction card included makes this one of the rarest of the rare. Most excellent score right there. The price was quite right. Wonder if Achim will loan you the original razor when you open your museum? :thumbup1:

Congrats, Dan! :thumbup1:
I am not the biggest collector here but I don't recall seeing that tin lined. I have only seen a few on the eBay (never bid, though - not in my league) and all unlined. This must be something really special. I am excited for you. Good show, sir!

Thank you, gents! And thanks to all of the Big Guns who decided to take that night off - couldn't have afforded it otherwise <LOL>

Ed, not a collector, just a consummate hoarder!!! BTW, wait 'til you see what is scheduled in later this week, my ultimate score thanks to a friend here on B&B, and all for the princely sum of £1.18....

And Alan, if you ever decide to sell your litho'd blade case, remember your friend Dan!!

Thanks, guys - she's sitting on my desk at the moment, with clamps holding the lining back in place to allow some double-sided tape time to bond and hold. Hope that works.

Top Bottom