What's new

Noodler's Bullet Proof Ink

So I joined fountain pen network- anyone here a member?

I am a member, too. I do not know if I have ever posted and I do not hang around that forum much. I am glad it is there, though.

It is the first place I looked, over the weekend,to figure out how to replacement an ink sac in an Esterbrook.

I'm a member of FPN, with a whopping 12 posts. I dont post much over there becuase I dont have much to add. I use FPN as a reference guide for choosing my pens.

I have had some luck getting ink stains out with Oxyclean. It didn't seem to have any harsh affects on the fabric at all. I soaked the stained portion in plain water for a bit. Then I added the oxyclean to make a concentrated solution to soak the stain in. I let it soak over night, rinsed and washed.

I joined FPN a couple of years ago. I wanted a decent fountain pen or two, cheap. I vacuumed up all the information I needed, bought a small number of pens off ebay, and ended up with two good, working pens, and several good candidates for replacement sacs. I, like Nid, don't really collect these. I may repair one or two of the others, eventually. For now though, I am set. I have not bought more pens for a long time.

I like Noodler's ink. Yes, it binds cellulose which means it will not leave cotton, however, if the shirt is synthetic then try some more. At one time the maker of Noodler's ink, Nathan Tardiff, offered a prize, $1,000 I think, if you could remove it. It turns out that you can remove the bulletproof dyes, if you have an infrared laser. (A common household appliance if there ever was one.) This is why he came out with his warden series of inks. All that being said, buying some new shirts will likely be cheaper than the infrared laser...

Rick

Top Bottom