What's new

Noodler's Bullet Proof Ink

Well, okay, especially for all of those folks advocating that the B&B special Noodler's ink be bullet proof:001_smile, does anyone have any ideas for getting a dried spot of Noodler's bullet proof ink off the cuff of a dress shirt?

Have been able to get such ink out of shirt fabric if I got to it before it dried, but somehow I overlooked this one. No idea how it got there, of course.

Bullet proof inks supposedly bind chemically with paper. I assume and am afraid the same might be true of cotton fabirc.

I think this is Zhivago, if that helps.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I would just wash it as usual. I have had bullet proof ink hit clothing and it usually washes off.

I think we should hope Craig87C sees this and replies. *cough* *cough* I hear he has gotten quite good at removing ink stains. *cough* *cough* :001_smile

I know nothing. At this point, I just accept that anytime I touch a FP, I'm solidifying my position as "B&B's most Ink-stained" :lol:

Bullet proof inks supposedly bind chemically with paper. I assume and am afraid the same might be true of cotton fabirc.

Specifically, the bulletproof inks react chemically with the cellulose in paper. Cotton contains cellulose as well, so I suspect that you won't be able to get it out. You might try some things, but I wouldn't count on it ever coming out.

Robbie...was that a white shirt.... I have found that white out covers it pretty well !!!!!!

That is the only thing I can suggest

Robbie...was that a white shirt.... I have found that white out covers it pretty well !!!!!!

That is the only thing I can suggest

Cuffs are light blue, unfortunately. I'm thinking of bleaching it out carefully and then trying to re-dye. It is more or less on the inside of the cuff, so is probably more or less still wearable and would be even after some botched attempts to fix it!

<I would just wash it as usual. I have had bullet proof ink hit clothing and it usually washes off. >

If I had hit it before it fully dried completely, I might have been okay. I think I have done that in the past.

Far as I can tell, if I am going to fool around with fountain pens at all, and I sure am going to continue to do so, ink-stained hands, at the least, are part of the deal!

There is stuff for cleaning fp ink off of hands, though, that is incredible.

I really really try to make sure that the container I am filling a pen from is fully secured!

Is Zhivago bullet proof? Wish they'd get the B&B ink going!

Zhivago is classified as "near bulletproof", I think. It's a mixture of bulletproof Black and dark green. If the writing is exposed to water, solvents, etc., the green dye will wash out, but the bulletproof black will remain.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Cuffs are light blue, unfortunately. I'm thinking of bleaching it out carefully and then trying to re-dye. It is more or less on the inside of the cuff, so is probably more or less still wearable and would be even after some botched attempts to fix it!

<I would just wash it as usual. I have had bullet proof ink hit clothing and it usually washes off. >

If I had hit it before it fully dried completely, I might have been okay. I think I have done that in the past.

Far as I can tell, if I am going to fool around with fountain pens at all, and I sure am going to continue to do so, ink-stained hands, at the least, are part of the deal!

There is stuff for cleaning fp ink off of hands, though, that is incredible.

I really really try to make sure that the container I am filling a pen from is fully secured!

Channing, why not taking the shirt to a tailor and have it made into a short sleeve dress shirt.......:lol:

Well, okay, especially for all of those folks advocating that the B&B special Noodler's ink be bullet proof:001_smile, does anyone have any ideas for getting a dried spot of Noodler's bullet proof ink off the cuff of a dress shirt?

Have been able to get such ink out of shirt fabric if I got to it before it dried, but somehow I overlooked this one. No idea how it got there, of course.

I think this is Zhivago, if that helps.

Hi my experience with Noodles Bullet proff inks especially Legal Lapis , stains on shirts dont come out despite all administrations. Best solution is avoidance or a pocket guard (sigh ) That being said I have found these inks to be among the best inks that I have used. Zhivago is a nice black ink .

Rob

Unfortunately I have have managed to get a drop or two of bullet proof ink on my clothes. If you can rinse it out before it dries then it isn't a big deal.

I have never been able to completely get a spot out if it dries. I have been able to minimize the ink stains once they dry by doing a heavy routine of pre-soaking the spot(s) in laundry detergent, oxy-clean stain stick, basically what ever I have in the laundry room. I try to keep the ink spots wet with soap and let it soak, scrub by hand and rinse. Repeat as necessary. Do not put the shirt in the dryer until you are happy with the appearance of the stain. It seems that once it goes into the drier, the stain is even harder to remove.

At this point I don't use bulletproof ink in my pens unless they have proven that they don't leak/drip etc. Actually I don't use any of my pens that drip or leak, when I get a new pen I don't ink it up with bullet proof ink until it's proven itself, I learned that lesson the hard way. I also closely monitor the ink level because it seems that even great pens have a tendency to sometimes drip when the ink level gets very low.

Ink stained hands seem to be part of the deal, at least for me. :blush:

I'm sorry that the space to post this question was created by the unfortunate spot on The Knize's shirt! Reading the name of the thread made me wonder if the B&B ink is actually in the works. Anybody know? I'm OK until the end of the summer, but I'm going to need to replenish my supplies sometime before September. I'd hate to give up on the B&B buy...

Top Bottom