What's new

Nikon D3000

Has any of you had any dealings with Nikon D3000? I've read about it but thats about it. I think it replaces the D40 as the new entry level Nikon. Any comments?

I just picked one up and it's a great starter camera as within the menus and on the screens it gives lots of helpful information; in fact, when you're on any menu item or function there's a button that if pushed will tell you what it does! Otherwise, I find if you already know a fair bit about cameras and photography (as I did when getting it- my first DSLR), it's still a great one at a great price. The standard 18-55 VR lens that comes with is a great lens too. It doesn't give you live view (seeing what you're going to take a picture of int eh screen- only view finder) and it doesn't record video- but neither of these mattered to me. Hope that helps!

My first was a D40, and I just helped a friend buy a D3000. It's a great little camera. It's small for DSLR (whether that's good is up to you) and the controls are simplified (see previous parenthetical). Takes great pictures, though - and you'd be buying into the best photography system known to man in Nikon.

But, well, you know, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Top Bottom