What's new

Gamechanger .68 SP or Henson + or ++

Im trying to decide between these razors. I've read everything on the two over the last few nights. Has anyone had both? Any help would be appreciated.

I have the .68P and the AL13+. The pros and cons have been discussed extensively here at B&B. You can certainly read more about each in their respective brotherhood threads for Brotherhood of Razorock Gamechanger (BORG) and the Henson Razor Club.

I started with the AL13 and it does give a good shave, but I haven't used it much since I've picked up the GC line. I just seem to get a more comfortable shave with it. I also like being able to pick up an extra plate for minimal outlay and make the GC a bit more aggressive if that's what I really need.

@kaufdrop27 , what makes the Henson razors more enjoyable for you?
I actually think the Henson mild is more efficient than the gamechanger .68. It’s an autopilot razor that is quick and easy. I’m personally not a fan of multiple plates and gravitate toward whole razors. I’ve owned the gamechanger several times in multiple aggressions. It’s a great razor I just like the Henson better. I’d say try both and then decide!

I've had both GC (68P, 76P, 84P) and Henson medium (tried the mild from a friend as well).
I prefer the GameChanger line by far.
I'd select the GC 68P for daily shaving over the Henson mild anytime and the GC 84P over the Henson medium as well.
The Henson did not work that well for me, it is uncomfortable, tends to tug and drag. It actually put me off buying AL razors, I'm not not entirely sure it's only due to the material but still, it is way too light, I cannot let the weight of the razor do the work and end up having to apply pressure which leads to irritation. Even with pressure, due to its finish it suffers from drag issues.

As you can see, opinions differ wildly on any given razor, some people here seem to have a great experience with the Henson.

I have all of those and put the GC 68p close to the Henson +. They are both not quite efficient enough for my face. The Henson ++ is closer to, but a little less efficient than the GC 84p. The Hensons are smoother though.

Given the three you mention, I'd recommend the Henson ++. Smooth, fairly efficient, no drama, enjoyable shaves. But that's just my opinion.

Now if you're looking for milder, I'd still recommend the Henson + over the GC 68p.

Last edited:
The Henson isn't for me (I tried all three varieties and sold them all) but many love it. I also tried the Gamechanger .84. it was ok but I sold it also. It has lots of fans too.

Just curious, why Gamechanger and Henson for your choices?

Top Bottom