What's new

Nib Acquisitions, August 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Failed the Nib Sabbatical, so decided to make it worthwhile.

• A dozen Blanzy-Poure 2552 Flexy Departmentale Nibs
  • A dozen Blanzy-Poure 605 Flexy Superieure Nibs
  • A dozen Waverley Monoline Nibs
  • Hand Turned Nib Holder
  • Tachikawa short Nib Holder
  • SL1990 Nib Holder
  • Medium Meiho pencil case
  • 3 chrome pencil holders

View attachment 594910

Larry, do you like the Aurora Black?
I've only tried it in one pen and just for a short time, but it seems to be a good ink. No issues, no feathering, no bleed-through, etc. As to whether it's worth the premium over my normal black ink, Noodler's Black, I'm not sure. For one thing, it's not waterproof, so I still need to keep a pen inked up with Noodler's for checks, addressing envelopes, etc. I'm glad I tried it and have no regrets...just not sure if it's going to be a permanent part of my ink collection.

2 speedball oblique nib holders just arrived in the mail :thumbsup:

Really happy, as I found a seller in Australia with them.

Can see the oblique holder becoming a fast favourite, might have to look at upgrading to a higher quality one later on.

I had a good month after all; I slowed down my pen and ink buying since there is little left that I desire. I did pick up a spare fine job for my montblanc 146 to replace the big stub nib on ocassion and a nice early Parker 75 sterling with the crosshatch pattern with an extra-fine nib.

Quick run to a local antique mall yielded two Esterbrooks...a red SJ and a nice lever-filling desk pen with a round black glass base. Even the sacs are in good condition (although I will replace them as soon as I order some new sacs). Not a bad score for under $20 total! :tongue_sm

$Esterbrooks.jpg

I'm turning to my Kaweco Sports as daily drivers for awhile (great pens, smooth writers, convenient), and picked up packs of Dark Blue, Summer Purple, and Brown Kaweco inks from JetPens. I picked up 2 spare Sailor converters as well, in part because I put in a reasonable bid for a full size 1911 with medium naginata togi nib, and actually won.

Keep in mind that there are still 126 days to go before the end of 2015. :tongue_sm

(Nice pen, by the way!)

Arrrgh! That's like a 3rd of the year.

Famous last words:001_tt2:

The pen is a looker...is that a B or an M nib?

I ended up going with B. I was a little worried because I have a medium M400 that is really wet but this isn't as much of a firehose as I thought it might be.

Well I made my first step into fountain pens. Thanks Guys. I went cheap starting out and got 2 Jinhao X750 that I paid a total of 10 dollars for. Still waiting on them in the mail. We will see!

$JinHao 750.jpg$JinHao Red 2.jpg$JinHao Red.jpg

Carrying my new Pelikan Souveran M600 today. I bought it (semi-impulsively) off one of the Massdrop campaigns and it arrived while I was on vacation. I was very pleased with the packaging material this pen arrived in, the ivory leatherette pouch and linings were in line with a luxury purchase.

I have loaded it with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki ink and I have no complaints with the way the nib glides over paper. Most of the morning has been mtg notes in my Rhodia notebook, but I have done enough writing on standard office copier paper to be suitably impressed with this writing instrument.

I opted for the black/green striped barrel with the fine nib; I think that the size of the pen is correct, but choosing an extra-fine nib might have been a better fit for my writing style. I will give this a full 10d carry to really see how we bond; there is no doubt that this pen is a looker and has a great hand feel, but whether it usurps my EDC (Pilot Vanishing Point EF) remains to be seen

Carrying my new Pelikan Souveran M600 today. I bought it (semi-impulsively) off one of the Massdrop campaigns and it arrived while I was on vacation. I was very pleased with the packaging material this pen arrived in, the ivory leatherette pouch and linings were in line with a luxury purchase.

I have loaded it with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki ink and I have no complaints with the way the nib glides over paper. Most of the morning has been mtg notes in my Rhodia notebook, but I have done enough writing on standard office copier paper to be suitably impressed with this writing instrument.

I opted for the black/green striped barrel with the fine nib; I think that the size of the pen is correct, but choosing an extra-fine nib might have been a better fit for my writing style. I will give this a full 10d carry to really see how we bond; there is no doubt that this pen is a looker and has a great hand feel, but whether it usurps my EDC (Pilot Vanishing Point EF) remains to be seen

All the B and BB nibs were sold out before I could hop on that drop! On reflection a M would probably make me more likely to use it everyday but like you would be hard to replace my VP with a Richard Binder M stub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom