What's new

Nib Acquisitions, August 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the size of the pen is correct, but choosing an extra-fine nib might have been a better fit for my writing style.
If you're not happy with the F nib, you may be able to exchange it for an EF through Pelikan's nib swap service. You just have to pay the shipping.

If you think you may do this, I would contact Abbi at Chartpak/Pelikan about doing so quickly. I think you only have a few weeks or months from the date of purchase to take advantage of this service. I have used the service before with great results.

That is an excellent suggestion, I just dropped them a line via their website a moment ago.

Fingers crossed it can be done

Thanks again for the information

I haven't posted in this thread before, but since I have the picture, here are my August purchases! The Esterbrook, Targa, and Pelikan 140 were purchased at the DC Pen Show. The Sheaffer 350 on line from Greg Minuskin's site. Think I "need" to be done for the year!

View attachment 597727

I haven't posted in this thread before, but since I have the picture, here are my August purchases! The Esterbrook, Targa, and Pelikan 140 were purchased at the DC Pen Show. The Sheaffer 350 on line from Greg Minuskin's site. Think I "need" to be done for the year!

View attachment 597727
Nice looking pens...how are the nibs? If you can restrain yourself to getting only things you need, then you are stronger man than I:laugh:

The nibs are very good, particularly (as expected) the Sheaffer 350 from Greg Minuskin and also the Esterbrook (with a 2314-F nib). The Pelikan nib has a bit of flex to it which is nice, although maybe a touch rough. The Targa (with Namiki Blue in it) is just too wide for me to use day in and day out at work. I will change the ink to my standard Waterman Mysterious Blue (which I usually always start a new pen with) to see if it behaves differently. I really want the Targa to be my workhorse pen, love the look of the inlaid nib and the snap on cap, so may have to send it off at some point in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom