What's new

Newly found SE interest, need help.

Great tips! These seems a little scarier but I am getting ready to take the plunge, I have been generously PIFed a push button type of one :thumbup:

I watched mantic59's videos but are there any of someone using an SE? The descriptions of angle are very helpful but it would be great to actually see.

I just got a Gem pushbutton and it's as good as my 1912 Damaskeene, really great razor.

MrGuy has a video about shaving with a Gem Open Comb Micromatic. It's not a razor I'd advise a newcomer to start with, but the technique applies to other SE razors.

Well, I have been thinking about getting an SE for a few weeks and tonight I bit the bullet and bought this "GEM". Looking forward to getting it some time next week.

Looks like a nice 1912 travel kit. . . .

A word of caution to all the new SE shavers out there, be sure when you load the blade that it is properly seated. It should be under the two tabs. Once in a while these razors have a broken tab, it would be best not to shave with one like that, and worth finding another one to use.

DD

Just had my first SE shave tonight. 1912, GEM SS blade -- wonderful combo. I found there was virtually no learning curve from DE. You just listen, and the sound tells you when the angle is right.

P.S. I have a MM, a MMOC and a G-Bar on the way.

Just had my first SE shave tonight. 1912, GEM SS blade -- wonderful combo. I found there was virtually no learning curve from DE. You just listen, and the sound tells you when the angle is right.

P.S. I have a MM, a MMOC and a G-Bar on the way.

Yep. :thumbup1: Been using my 1912 Damaskeen for the past two weeks. Best shaves ever in 5 years of DE shaving.

Gave my new (to me) MM Clog Pruf a whirl tonight. I found it a bit more aggressive than the 1912, but others have said the opposite. I do think I was able to maneuver around my upper lip / nostril area a little bit better with the Clog Pruf.

Looking forward to the next week or so getting to know the MMCP.

i really find the Micromatics, both CP and OC to be different in how they shave than the 1912s, which in my exp are all very close. Yes the damaskeene is a bit better than a standard 1912, but not to the degree that a micromatic is different from a 1912. Every face is different, I say try them all and see what works for you.

HoosierTrooper is know for his fondness to the MM clogpruf.

I on the other hand prefer the MM open comb.

There is no wrong answer here, see what works best for you :thumbup1:

Top Bottom