What's new

Newbies, show off your gear!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Was wet shaving since I was 13, now 14 years later changed into the "cost saving" classic shaving since may 2014...
So got infected by the AD :001_rolle

This is about a month after starting to use a safety razor and testing stuff out and collecting various items. An interesting find was the Just Clear aftershave, which is supposed to be a Shulton Old Spice replica. It smells pretty decent for $1.25 haha. The leather case I made myself since I am beginning to do some leathercrafting. Yes, that is the Old Spice ship. Also, the cream colored brush was actually one of those "silvertip" badger brushes with the defective handle from eBay. I got it for around $8 I think. I have a tub of Razorock Captain's Choice soap coming in the mail as we speak!

PS. There are no blades in this pic since I forgot to put them in. Right now I am working my way through a 25 blade sampler pack. I find the best ones so far are the feathers, the Gillette Goal Stainless, and the Gillette Silver Blues.

Attachments

• $shaving collection.jpg
    $shaving collection.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 260
  • $razor.jpg
    $razor.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
AOS sandlewood shave cream, pre shave oil, after shave lotion, and AOS silvertip faux ivory brush and a fat handle tech with an open comb base and Wilkinson sword blades

Here's my setup. Just put it together a few weeks ago....

AOS Lemon cream, oil, balm, pure badger brush + stand
EJ DE89 "extra grip" knurled
Blade sampler from WCS plus the Derby 5 pack that came with the DE89
ceramic mug type thing laying around the cupboards, confiscated for lathering in until I find something different.

$shave_stuff.jpg

Is this only for DEs?
Newbie here with a really low budget/Start-up SR setup.
-Sedef Turkish Shavette, it came with 100 Derby blades for 7€
-Wilkinson Sword Shaving Soap, blue bowl
-Palmolive shaving cream
-Wilkinson Sword Shaving brush. I think is boar
-Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
-Boots Styptic Pencil
-Small dog water bowl for making the lather
Note: I melted the soap into the water bowl, it seemed like a good idea

I got two vintage straights (and more on the way), but still shaving with the Sedef until I get the strops and hone.

Attachments

• $HEARTRING & ENGELWERK (1).jpg
    $HEARTRING & ENGELWERK (1).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 204
  • $My den.jpg
    $My den.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 206
Is this only for DEs?
Newbie here with a really low budget/Start-up SR setup.
-Sedef Turkish Shavette, it came with 100 Derby blades for 7€
-Wilkinson Sword Shaving Soap, blue bowl
-Palmolive shaving cream
-Wilkinson Sword Shaving brush. I think is boar
-Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
-Boots Styptic Pencil
-Small dog water bowl for making the lather
Note: I melted the soap into the water bowl, it seemed like a good idea

I got two vintage straights (and more on the way), but still shaving with the Sedef until I get the strops and hone.
No, its for all types of razors. Plus for a Newbie your off to a great start. Pretty brave to start out with a Straight Razor and a shavette. Plus welcome to B&B, we are glad to have you here.

$20140823_044055 (2).jpg This is my first shaving set (and currently only) It's very simple but gets the job done. it consists of an omega boar brush, vergulde hand shaving soap, bartex shaving cream and a yuma safety razor with any blades I can get my hands on. But I'am planning on buying a Tondeo Tm shavette soon.

I don't have a close up at the moment but this is a pretty good display of everything I have accumulated over about 9 months. It all started with a very ratty 3 piece Gillette from Ebay, a shave kit from the drug store, and the only cruddy double edge blades that my drug store carries.

$IMG_70011.jpg
There are some more items since I took this photo but none the less a good idea.

This is me because I am a beginner. NOTICE: No Brush...

I have a Weishi 2003-M razor with butterfly opening razor and a Yuma razor, 3 Ying JiLi blades and 1 Dorco blade (in the Weishi case), Derby blades, Astra blades, Shark blades, a blade box (the work station wipe container) three after shaves, senstive loat, face wash, and Equate shaving foam (to be fair though, it is $1.00 vs at least $11.00 to get a proper brush, cup and soap starter set by me.)
The facewash, moisturizer,septic pencil and after-shaves I had prior to converting to the DE.

The VDH boar is a decent brush to start with and can be found just about anywhere for $3-$5. It was my first brush and I'm still using it 4 years later.

The VDH boar is a decent brush to start with and can be found just about anywhere for $3-$5. It was my first brush and I'm still using it 4 years later.

As I mentioned, I haven't seen brushes, let alone the VDH boar, alone by me. A Walmart (the closer one doesn't have it), Fry's and the nearest (and newest) CVS have different starter sets. One is $11.99 (the "premium" VDH one at CVS), the other is $25.99 (the luxury VDH one in Walmart that is also sold for 29.99 at Fry's) I just double checked it today. The Equate Foam I got for $1.00 WITH tax.

Yes it's my go to brush when I'm not sure what to use. The kit was a great way to get started and I picked it up at my local QFC The mug is very comfortable and the soap is nice!

$VDH%u002520Kit%20023.JPG(not my image)

Top Bottom