What's new

Newbie to CCW - Opinions on Taurus GX4

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I received and have shot my Taurus GX4. I am very surprised at how little recoil it has for such a small gun. I'm very impressed with it so far with only minimal rounds through it. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

I also decided to go with a CYA holster with a wing attachment. It seems to do the job. Looking forward to training and learning with these new tools.

Sounds like you are well on your way. What brand of HP self defense ammo are you planning on? Have you considered, CCW Insurance yet?

What brand of HP self defense ammo are you planning on?
I don't know yet. So far I have purchased 500 rounds of inexpensive ammo to put downrange to get the feel of the pistol and become comfortable with it. I'm open to suggestions on self-defense ammo

Have you considered, CCW Insurance yet?
I have. My instructor recommended it. I need to do some more research and then make a decision. Again, I'm open to suggestions.

One of the things that I think I do pretty well is gather information and learn from others so any advice, suggestions, or "do nots" are all welcome.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Well, I personally like Speer Gold Dot in 124 gr. +P with my 9mm ammo.

I’m insured thru the state as a retired LEO, but my wife has CCW insurance from USCCA which seems to be a good one. US Law Shield is another one.

I received and have shot my Taurus GX4. I am very surprised at how little recoil it has for such a small gun. I'm very impressed with it so far with only minimal rounds through it. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

I also decided to go with a CYA holster with a wing attachment. It seems to do the job. Looking forward to training and learning with these new tools.
Google or YT T gx4 problems....related to trigger:c5:

Top Bottom