What's new

More CCW questions from the noob to you old timers

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If you’re committed to a particular cartridge, load up a mag with it, let it sit for a month, and then see how it behaves.

Or…. Send the mags and pistol back and keep sending it back until they send you one that works? Better?

This is the post I responded to, by simply making the point that if Glock can make mags that work right out of the box, so can everyone else. Including Sig Sauer.

I get it, you own a Sig. But saying ‘break in period’ of an undisclosed time, period or round count, especially for a magazine that has already shown unreliability?

1. I know the owners manual of many new vehicles will say to drive the car easy the first 500 miles in order to ‘break in’ the vehicle?

2. Does any owners manual for a pistol, say this from the manufacturer? For the pistol itself or its magazines?

3. You said, “ Bill Wilson and Sig Sauer suggests this. While I get Bills is from his experience, Sig is an actual company? And if they suggest this as you say; then you should post the link showing it?

4. Instead, you defended your position by saying Bill has more experience then the manufacturer’s manual’s do, and refuse to show your link for where Sig has said as much?

With all do respect sir, you are defending your position to me with ad hominem’s, because I simply suggested if Glock can do it, so can everyone else?

I get you like your Sig P365. I used to own one myself. It’s a great pistol. But me suggesting that P365’s should work with all ammo, regardless of your personal ownership biases or Bill Wilson’s personal suggestions by his qualified experience, doesn’t take the place or change the facts of my simple point that seems to have offended or upset you.

I agree with you, that we can both respectfully agree to disagree. But my only point remains adamantly the same.

Send the mags back that ain’t working from the box and get more in from the manufacturer. And if they still won’t run reliably from the package? Keep sending it back, or switch brand’s of magazines or pistols until the one in your hand dies run reliably. That goes for Sig, Glock and all of them.

We spend a lot of hard earned money. They should earn our respect and our money by making them work right from the box. This is and will remain my only point.

But I would never deny someone the right to just sit around for a month, waiting for their loaded magazines to straighten themselves out. :)

OkieStubble

I have seen Glocks malfunction...two that come to mind real quick. The P.D. Lt. over firearms training's duty one and the sniper's duty one. They never did figure out what caused them to malfunction several times.

I'm never buying another Glock...they are unreliable. :001_tongu
Did you happen to get any video of this event? :)

I have seen the occasional Glock malfunction in the years I put in at the academy. Most were user induced malfunctions, like the cadet bending an ejector on the opposite way it should be bent or a cadet sneaking a .357 Sig cartridge undetected in his pocket and loading it into a Glock 22 and that kind of thing. :)

Never say never, even with Glock. But one can say, almost never with Glock. Oh yeah, and your beloved revolver’s. :)

Last edited:

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Or…. Send the mags and pistol back and keep sending it back until they send you one that works? Better?

This is the post I responded to, by simply making the point that if Glock can make mags that work right out of the box, so can everyone else. Including Sig Sauer.

I get it, you own a Sig. But saying ‘break in period’ of an undisclosed time, period or round count, especially for a magazine that has already shown unreliability?

1. I know the owners manual of many new vehicles will say to drive the car easy the first 500 miles in order to ‘break in’ the vehicle?

2. Does any owners manual for a pistol, say this from the manufacturer? For the pistol itself or its magazines?

3. You said, “ Bill Wilson and Sig Sauer suggests this. While I get Bills is from his experience, Sig is an actual company? And if they suggest this as you say; then you should post the link showing it?

4. Instead, you defended your position by saying Bill has more experience then the manufacturer’s manual’s do, and refuse to show your link for where Sig has said as much?

With all do respect sir, you are defending your position to me with ad hominem’s, because I simply suggested if Glock can do it, so can everyone else?

I get you like your Sig P365. I used to own one myself. It’s a great pistol. But me suggesting that P365’s should work with all ammo, regardless of your personal ownership biases or Bill Wilson’s personal suggestions by his qualified experience, doesn’t take the place or change the facts of my simple point that seems to have offended or upset you.

I agree with you, that we can both respectfully agree to disagree. But my only point remains adamantly the same.

Send the mags back that ain’t working from the box and get more in from the manufacturer. And if they still won’t run reliably from the package? Keep sending it back, or switch brand’s of magazines or pistols until the one in your hand dies run reliably. That goes for Sig, Glock and all of them.

We spend a lot of hard earned money. They should earn our respect and our money by making them work right from the box. This is and will remain my only point.

But I would never deny someone the right to just sit around for a month, waiting for their loaded magazines to straighten themselves out. :)

"I hadn't considered that it might be the magazines since I didn't have any issues with factory loads. I may revisit using reloads when clearing malfs is not a problem."

Cherry picking. I would have loved having you on the stand back in the day. ;)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
"I hadn't considered that it might be the magazines since I didn't have any issues with factory loads. I may revisit using reloads when clearing malfs is not a problem."

Cherry picking. I would have loved having you on the stand back in the day. ;)
Uh...that was me, not Rob. He doesn't reload.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Uh...that was me, not Rob. He doesn't reload.

Yes, I know. And my response about leaving the magazines loaded for a while if you were committed to reloads was directed to you. Somehow, that turned into a urinary match.

That you weren't having any issues with factory rounds tells me the magazines are just fine. Happy shooting.

OkieStubble

Yes, I know. And my response about leaving the magazines loaded for a while if you were committed to reloads was directed to you. Somehow, that turned into a urinary match.

That you weren't having any issues with factory rounds tells me the magazines are just fine. Happy shooting.
I try to be humble when the opportunity is staring me in the face. So I definitely sincerely apologize to you sir, if my simple opinion and comment of, “as much money as we spend on pistols today, if Glock can make their tight magazine springs work right out of the box, every other manufacturer should also.

I’m sorry my statement turned it into a urinary match for you.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Thanks for keeping it civil gents. This thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom