What's new

Newbie help

So guys, I switch to astra sp blades and I adjusted my angle. I now ride the top cap. Zero irritation and a dfs. My gillette black beauty came today. Think I might try it out tomorrow. I also ordered a fat handle tech That will be here later this week. I'm thinking about buying a rr gamechanger .68 what do you guys think?

what do you guys think?

Well, you asked ...

My suggestion would be to slow down on new gear and focus for the next month on your technique. You're off to a great start and it only gets better if you get your technique down pat.

When you've got two weeks of all DFS with some you're willing to call BBS, then you start thinking of more gear. Then you will be able to judge if it really improves your shave or not.

Welcome I am new to this forum myself. I agree that your focus in the beginning should be on getting quality shaves everytime. Not to scare you but I shaved with the same razor and same brand of blade and cream for 6 years before I used something different than a Wilkinson sword classic blade and TOBS Sandalwood and another 5 years to get to the point I am now with exploring different equipment and soaps and creams. Take everything you do at your own pace and don't the experience of others trick you into thinking you need to accumulate a closet full of soaps and creams and 50 different aftershave and..........you get the idea. Sit back and enjoy this wonderful hobby and please for the sake of your sanity do what feels right to you. Have fun!

You guys are right. I don't "need" more gear. By the way I test drive the black beauty a few minutes ago. Dfs. Set it on 5 and I'm really impressed almost bbs.

Top Bottom