What's new

Newbie Checking in

Greetings,

I've been lurking for a while, and thought I would check in. I've learned quite a bit on the forum.

I started wet shaving in 2001, when I picked up a Surrey brush, mug and soap set from Walgreens. At the time, I was interested in trying a DE razor, but I didn't know where to purchase one, so I continued shaving with my Sensor. A little while later, I lost my shaving kit in a move, and had been shaving with either single-blade disposables and Barbasol or with a Braun foil electric razor.

Last year, I would go several weeks between shaves, and I would get very frustrated because my disposable razors would get clogged every time I would try to shave my beard off. Just after Christmas, I picked up a couple of DE razors, along with some inexpensive soap and a brush, and I have never enjoyed shaving more. Since the beginning of the year, I have acquired 4 razors, 6 bowls, 2 mugs, 4 soaps and 2 brushes, so I think my xxADs are off to a respectable start. My shaves are better than they usually were with the the disposable razors, but still not quite as smooth as I would get with the Braun. I'm getting there, but the beard on my chin seems a bit resistant to being cut.

Thanks to everyone who has made this board a great place. I look forward to being a part of the wet-shaving fraternity.

-Jonathan

Top Bottom