What's new

Newbie checking in!

Smoke #4 with my Pico Castelli italian Briar with Cubico Tobacco. I think I am getting the hang of this and what is more, I am really enjoying it. It is a week end thing for me so progress is slow. I find it very relaxing, the smoke is not as overwhelmingly rich as a cigar but it still lasts as long as a cigar and my clothes do not stink after smoking. Furthermore, it does not seem to have such a strong effect on the rest of my body as cigars do. For me, so far, pipe smoking is a fantastic and very enjoyable compromise between the long rich smoke of a cigar and the light but short smoke of the cigarillos I have tried so far.

I have been smoking now and then for the last weeks and have been enjoying it a lot. Now I fear it will come to an abrupt end because of a white spot that has developed on one side of my tongue which I suspect is Leukoplakia. Typical isn't it?

I don't know that I ever looked to see if I had that problem. Does it hurt or anything? Or just a white spot there?
I have been smoking now and then for the last weeks and have been enjoying it a lot. Now I fear it will come to an abrupt end because of a white spot that has developed on one side of my tongue which I suspect is Leukoplakia. Typical isn't it?

I don't know that I ever looked to see if I had that problem. Does it hurt or anything? Or just a white spot there?

It is not exactly painful but apparently they can be pre-malignant so to be on the safe side it is recommended to see a physician.

Yeah I just read about it. And you know the doctor will say to quit smoking the pipe. That's too bad brother, I'm sorry that happened to you. Maybe someone else here had that problem. Internet says to give it a couple weeks to clear up before smoking again at the very least.
It is not exactly painful but apparently they can be pre-malignant so to be on the safe side it is recommended to see a physician.

Top Bottom