What's new

Newbie Blade PIF #7

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I would certainly be interested and extremely grateful, to date I have only tried two different blades, Astra SP and Feather, I read so much about other blades. Just a heads up though, I'm in China so does that disqualify me?
Nope. Anyone across the world can enter!

Definitely a newbie so count me in. Down the road once I get settled in I would like to contribute to another newbie to PIF!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I would certainly be interested and extremely grateful, to date I have only tried two different blades, Astra SP and Feather, I read so much about other blades. Just a heads up though, I'm in China so does that disqualify me?
Winner!!

Thanks all for the congrats guys ...
And of course I'll be reporting on my findings when I get to try them out.
To evaluate, and as a control, each shave will be carried out every two days.
I'll be using Proraso Red shaving cream with a nicely broken in Omega boar brush.
Blades will be mounted in my EJ DE89 razor great as a control as it's the only razor I own! hahaha.

Really cool to see that people are trying to help newbies start using safety razors! I’m extremely new to this and still have your standard Gillette cartridge razors.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Really cool to see that people are trying to help newbies start using safety razors! I’m extremely new to this and still have your standard Gillette cartridge razors.
Always happy to help where possible. Keep your eye open for the next Newbie Blade PIF. You never know when it will happen.

Time to take the plunge? you'll get tons of help here .. plus little (or in my case big) surprises !!

Newbie here, nice gesture! Switched yesterday after researching for a while. Started with a Merkur HD. Oh, and I shave my head too, so I'll be getting lots of practice. I definitely enjoy the DE to the cartridge. Won't be going back, that's for sure.

Newbie here, nice gesture! Switched yesterday after researching for a while. Started with a Merkur HD. Oh, and I shave my head too, so I'll be getting lots of practice. I definitely enjoy the DE to the cartridge. Won't be going back, that's for sure.
especially on the head -light light light pressure.

Also be careful around the crown of your head. My biggest problem area.

Top Bottom