What's new

Newbee

The very first shave I had, I took the razor and placed it on the back of my hand and tilted it down until I had the cap and the bar in the right location. I look at the angle and repeated on my face. Seemed to work well for this neebee

Welcome to B&B, @dennis48!! The Parker 99R is a classic looking razor; good choice!! I converted to wet shaving when I was 49 and am so glad I made the switch. Having a blast with this (trying blades, different soaps, and everything else)!! I have learned so much from B&B!!

The very first shave I had, I took the razor and placed it on the back of my hand and tilted it down until I had the cap and the bar in the right location. I look at the angle and repeated on my face. Seemed to work well for this neebee

That's actually a pretty good idea that I never thought of for myself. Thanks! See, we all can learn something from each other, "newbie" or not.

Welcome to B&B, @dennis48!! The Parker 99R is a classic looking razor; good choice!! I converted to wet shaving when I was 49 and am so glad I made the switch. Having a blast with this (trying blades, different soaps, and everything else)!! I have learned so much from B&B!!
I am addicted

Hey thanks for a great site. I am 55 and been using cartridges my entire life. Thanks to you and all of the info, I am ready to order a Parker 99R and begin my adventure wet shaving. Can't wait.

Welcome. I too started at 51. You have a lot to look forward to - but brace for impact, you are likely to get various acquisition disorders from all the enablers inhere :302:

Seriously? I routinely use a much steeper angle than even the far right picture. Have I been doing it wrong?
Seriously. If you follow what I said you can shave with any razor no matter how mild or aggressive. Some razors work with a very steep angle. The danger in going very steep is that you can start to scrap and not cut. A lot of guys have issues because of bad habits from using Carts.

Are you doing it wrong? Hey if it works for you go for it.

Top Bottom