What's new

New Wolf Whiskers

That is a beautiful brush! Seeing it really has me excited, as I just got on the waiting list at 1:38am! I set my alarm, woke up, and hit the refresh button and the list was open.

Congrats on making the list. Peter does a great job with communication and really takes the time to work with you on your brush, ensuring you get exactly what you want. My suggestion is to take the next few weeks while waiting to move up on the list to do your homework on knot type, size, shape, etc. as well as handle design. He has a seemingly endless number of examples on his website and you can always go off-menu if there's something unique that you'd like. I splurged on the knot knowing that this was going to be a special brush but based on the incredible range of options you'll certainly be able to get what you want even if you have to procure the knot separately (Peter does have a wide selection in-house).

Cool handle. The knot looks unusually small relative to the handle size. Low loft maybe? Or maybe it just comes across that way in the pics.

Cool handle. The knot looks unusually small relative to the handle size. Low loft maybe? Or maybe it just comes across that way in the pics.

Might be the photos and angle in which I took the pictures. The first few pics were of the knot prior to wetting/using. I thought the same thing "looks small" but I've found that it's really opened up since using and I expect it to further do so. The handle is without question on the larger side. As stated previously I went with a 54mm/26mm knot which is on the larger end of the spectrum (at least on Shavemac's website). Peter, of course, makes the handle based on the knot and I trusted his judgement when it comes to building brushes.

One more photo to give a little more perspective.
IMG_1569.jpeg

Congrats on making the list. Peter does a great job with communication and really takes the time to work with you on your brush, ensuring you get exactly what you want. My suggestion is to take the next few weeks while waiting to move up on the list to do your homework on knot type, size, shape, etc. as well as handle design. He has a seemingly endless number of examples on his website and you can always go off-menu if there's something unique that you'd like. I splurged on the knot knowing that this was going to be a special brush but based on the incredible range of options you'll certainly be able to get what you want even if you have to procure the knot separately (Peter does have a wide selection in-house).

I have already been scouring his website. I know that I love and want the chubby handle, but the color is a whole other ball game. And then there's the knot!

Top Bottom