What's new

New Voskhod Blades?

The only Voskhod blades I've used had Teflon Coated printed on the packaging.
I've since finished those and planning to order a few tucks. These do not have Teflon Coated printed. I've yet to receive them. Does anyone have any experience with both types? Same blade, different packaging? Voskhod has always worked well but I'm a little worried these might be different blades.
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Talking about coincidence!

Mail call, 100pcs from Razor Blades Club via Amazon and ..
voskhod.jpg

Bottom right corner, the old one saying Teflon coated. On top the new one says Super Stainless.
Will shave today and get back.

Fyi, Mostochlegmash show the new packaging but on description it says:
Double-sided classic blades, cutting edge protected by teflon

Loaded the new one in Gillette Slim Adjustable, WTG+ XTG + Touch-ups AGT at setting 5, lather CRS soap.
Same blade as the ones that state Teflon coated.
I will use 2 more times to see longelivilty (I get 2 good shaves from Voskhod's, 3rd one is very tuggy).

Yes, I recently got a 100 pack from Razorblades club as well and they are the one’s above i.e no longer has Teflon coated on the pack or blade. I saw a comment from a seller on EBay saying that the manufacturer has removed Teflon but that the blades are still the same. Perhaps this was due to a copyright issue or something along those lines.

My understanding is that every blade made is PTFE/Teflon coated (it's the last coating step in the production process and is chiefly done to protect the cutting edge and earlier coatings be that chrome, platinum etc.

As PTFE/Teflon coating is ubiquitous it's probably deemed pointless to make mention of it on the packaging.

Packaging change only. Likely a copyright issue with DuPont/Chemurs so they pulled the trademarked “Teflon” reference off the packaging. Same blades.
They probably got a cease and desist letter from the company that owns the Teflon brand name.

I believe the "Teflon" brand trademark would need to be licensed to be used from Chemours and likely the Voskhod manufuacturer didn't want to pay for the license again.

Top Bottom